Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
air bag light on

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Dec 2012, 03:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default air bag light on

06 Cruiser crd ...Air bag light on constantly, had a diagnostic ,and tells me UPPER FRONT RIGHT SATELLITE ACELLORATOR SENSOR faulyt. OK, but anybody know where its located and what it looks like help!!!
Also flushing the cooling sys and putting Zerex Go51 Hoat in, do I need to BLEED the System ,if so where are the BLEEDERS, regards from a snowy UK
Old 12 Dec 2012, 03:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: air bag light on

Can't help with air bag light but if you do a search on "air bag" on this forum on Google you'll find plenty of informatin.

As far as bleeding, YES, you need to bleed the system almost everytime you deal with it.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 12 Dec 2012, 03:53 pm
Regular Cruiser

I believe that refers the accelerometer in the b-pillar, as I think the main accelerometer is built into the controller. Do you have side airbags?

The bleeder is located on the thermostat housing - I think there is a tech article on this site that shows the location visually.

Edit: Or maybe it's in that previous post
Old 12 Dec 2012, 05:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks Guys, the second pic from cruzin give me the exact location of the bleeder.From internet searching this accelerater satelite may be behind the drivers side head light,on the radiator carrier rail???, any more info, thanks
Old 12 Dec 2012, 06:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

guys if the airbag light on and the horn doesn't work then its spring clock
i have this problem in my car
Old 12 Dec 2012, 06:20 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

The front right satellite accelerator sensor is behind the lower grille on the radiator support. It's attached with 2 screws. Unless your car is a right hand drive, it will be on the passenger side, not the driver side.
Old 12 Dec 2012, 07:29 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
I believe that refers the accelerometer in the b-pillar, as I think the main accelerometer is built into the controller. Do you have side airbags?

The bleeder is located on the thermostat housing - I think there is a tech article on this site that shows the location visually.

Edit: Or maybe it's in that previous post
i believe it is in the B-Pillar as well.

Also bleed the system while the car is running. if you try to burp a PT it wont work and she'll overheat.

The bleeder is right below the housing under the radiator cap, may have a little rubber nub covering it but its a generic brake bleeder screw with a 3/8 head :-)

Kind of a pain to reach, a wrench wont get it due to the angle but a 1/2 socket drive will :-)
Old 13 Dec 2012, 01:02 am
Fanatic Cruiser

The acceleration sensors are the impact sensors. There are two at the base of the radiator support (one left and one right), and there's one at the base of each B-pillar, if there's side airbags.

Front right sensor refers to the one at the base of the radiator support, not the one in the B-pillar.
Old 13 Dec 2012, 08:54 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by heifetz17 View Post
The acceleration sensors are the impact sensors. There are two at the base of the radiator support (one left and one right), and there's one at the base of each B-pillar, if there's side airbags.

Front right sensor refers to the one at the base of the radiator support, not the one in the B-pillar.
don't forget to disconnect the battery and step on the brake before you mess with it!
Old 13 Dec 2012, 11:16 am
Fresh Cruiser

Well , what a great response,thanks to all the respondents. My cruiser is right hand drive,so the right front will be the passenger side,is that correct??.Could
ROB342 explain the reason for stamping on the brake please.