Advertisements
Cruise Control light help

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CREWZIN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Dec 2012, 12:22 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Cruise Control light help

I purchased a 2001 PT used at a Honda dealership almost 2 years ago with 56K miles on it and have already sunk a lot of money into it.

My most recent issue was about 3 months ago, my car was in the shop for over a month with a bill over $2000. The head gasket was changed along with a new timing belt and water pump and a few minor things.

Now my car is on the fritz again and I need help big time!!!! The other night, I went maybe a mile down the road and when I got back into my car, my check engine light came on. The next day, the light was still on in my car until I drove about 2 miles down the road, then it randomly went off. All of a sudden, while I was driving 55 mph, my car bucked and I saw my cruise control light was on. When I saw the light was on, my gauges dropped down about to about 30 mph then quickly went back to 55 and the light went off. My car continued to do that throughout my drive. When I brough it to autozone, all the computer would say is failed ECM. My car now continues to buck and the cruise light will come on but I have to take my foot off of the accelerator to keep my car from constanly bucking the whole time and most of the time while driving, I can barely get up to 35 mph while the cruise light will constantly turn off and on.

I don't know what I can do now, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 14 Dec 2012, 07:43 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Cruise Control light help

I was going to tell you to take the #10 fuse out of the interior fuse box because that's directly related to the cruise control on the 2001 and 2002 models BUT it also runs the Remote Keyless Entry Module and SKIM process which help recognize the key. So it's up to you, you can at least check that fuse to see if it's good and maybe try taking it out to stop the cruise control but it might also stop you from starting the car. If it does, you can just put it back in.
Old 14 Dec 2012, 11:36 am
Fresh Cruiser

A lot of people suggested buying a new computer and I have someone that can put it in for me, but I just don't want to spend the money if it's not needed. Would that make a difference?
Old 14 Dec 2012, 12:37 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

of course nobody wants to spend money on something that's not needed but you already found out that the dealer, with his tools, can't hook up to what you have, so what other choice to do you have?
Ray_Dockrey likes this.

Tags
bucking, cruise control, odometer, speedometer