Advertisements
cam position sensor code

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By truk6enroute

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Dec 2012, 03:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default cam position sensor code

on my 05 pt the eng started surging and then cut off and wont start i got a p340 code and have replaced the cam sensor with no results then the crank sensor with no results i have visually inspected the wires and dont see any bare or broken wires i have gotten this code before but i replaced the cam sensor and it ran fine but this time it will not start any help would be appreciated thanke
Erik
Old 15 Dec 2012, 03:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: cam position sensor code

Quote:
Originally Posted by truk6enroute View Post
on my 05 pt the eng started surging and then cut off and wont start i got a p340 code and have replaced the cam sensor with no results then the crank sensor with no results i have visually inspected the wires and dont see any bare or broken wires i have gotten this code before but i replaced the cam sensor and it ran fine but this time it will not start any help would be appreciated thanke
Erik
Pull the cam sensor out and have some one turn it over to see if the cams are turning. If they are then maybe the magnet is bad.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 15 Dec 2012, 03:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

the magnet being the new sensor? or a magnet on the cam itself?
Old 15 Dec 2012, 03:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The magnet under the cam sensor. Also pull the sensor and look at the magnet to see if it turns when someone else tries to start the car. If it doesn't turn, the timing belt could have broken.

If you had to replace it before, it means your probably NOT using a MOPAR sensors but some cheap imitation from a parts store. You should ONLY use genuine MOPAR electrical parts. More expensive but they work.

Old 15 Dec 2012, 08:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

so if the magnet isnt turning then the cam is not conected to the crank by the timing belt ?
Busted_PT likes this.
Old 15 Dec 2012, 08:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

If the magnet isn't turning when you try and start the car it means the timing belt is broken and not spinning the cams.

When looking at the magnet, it's connected to one end of the cam.