Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2001 PT Cruiser Dash Lights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Dec 2012, 09:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Exclamation 2001 PT Cruiser Dash Lights

Took my car into the yearly inspection the car pass but when I got in the car to leave the rear hatch light was on but the light was really low. After driving down the road the speed and the rpm came to nothing and then all of the dash lights game on. car was still running fine. The engine light game on then off. I pulled over and then turned the car off and reset the rpm by holding the reset button and then letting it cycle. Restarted the car and the hatch light was still kind of flashing. Then the engine light came back on along with the break light. Pulled into Auto zone and they scanned it showing a P1698.

Last edited by tcp_poe; 28 Dec 2012 at 09:58 pm.
Old 07 Jan 2013, 08:26 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: 2001 PT Cruiser Dash Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcp_poe View Post
Took my car into the yearly inspection the car pass but when I got in the car to leave the rear hatch light was on but the light was really low. After driving down the road the speed and the rpm came to nothing and then all of the dash lights game on. car was still running fine. The engine light game on then off. I pulled over and then turned the car off and reset the rpm by holding the reset button and then letting it cycle. Restarted the car and the hatch light was still kind of flashing. Then the engine light came back on along with the break light. Pulled into Auto zone and they scanned it showing a P1698.
Hi, this is interesting to me as I don't know a lot about car codes and how to troubleshoot. What did you find out?