Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Help me out guys 2005 PT dies on me....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Dec 2012, 01:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Help me out guys 2005 PT dies on me....

So for the past 3 months my 2005 2.4 non turbo has been real glitchy and just recently it only starts off and on. I am desperate because today I got stranded with my 4 month old in traffic because it just shut off. Here is what happens...

It starts up and I can drive it no problems (usually) then when I drive, it doesn't matter the speed it will suddenly just shut off and backfires at times then on comes on a check engine light. When it dies I still have electronics. As of the last couple of days it just picks when it wants to start.

I have replaced the cam sensor, crank sensor, TPS sensor and it has supposedly a new Starter relay switch as well. Only thing I can physically see that might be a problem is the top connector I believe to the solenoid itself on the starter is looking rather rough. Oh and the codes P0340 and one other that was the TPS but that one is gone. Please help. I am about to consider letting it die.
Old 30 Dec 2012, 02:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Help me out guys 2005 PT dies on me....

The code is the cam sensor. Now you either have another bad sensor or a damaged sensor pickup magnet (mounts on the cam behind the sensor) or the wiring from the sensor to the main harness has some damage from rubbing against something.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 30 Dec 2012, 04:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Help me out guys 2005 PT dies on me....

Did you buy a Chrysler sensor or aftermarket? A sensor from an auto parts store have been know to fail in a very short time after being installed. Spend a few more dollars and get one from Chrysler.