PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Try again

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Jan 2013, 11:40 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Try again

I am having some concerns with my car. I am aggrevated with it and am not happy with it at all.

It's an 06 Touring with auto.

My issues are:

Do they have a way of repairing the rear hatch release? Mine has never worked. Only way to get it open is with the key. I do not have a key fob to unlock the doors.
Since I do not have a key fob, I have to lock the door manually. If I use the lock button, when I go to unlock it the alarm goes off. Can I bypass this?

How do you keep these darn seats cleaned? As I have read, there have been many issues with the 06-07 seats getting dirty easily.

My mpg's are in the low 20's high teens. I am going to look into some of the air box mods and a KnN. Is there anything else to look at? Car has newer plugs/wires, timing belt and front suspension.

Also, my headlights have an issue. When they are on and you use the turn signal, they will go completely out for a split second.

I will say I like the car in general, I can take the seats out and haul tons of stuff. I have had 16' long vinyl siding in it before. However, it is not the most comfortable. After a long drive my upper legs will be very sore.
Busted_PT likes this.
Old 04 Jan 2013, 11:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Try again

This very inexpensive gauge can help you with a multitude of diagnostic issues and can help improve your MPG by re training your driving habits?

UltraGauge Automotive Information Center and OBDII Scan Tool

I made my own mount for it close to the dash gauges but not obstructing there view.

For your light problem:
You should carefully check all your battery cable connection especially the ground connections.

I have the 2005 GT with leather seats, we sit on towels and I clean and treat them often. But I am a bit of a clean "freak"?

Old 04 Jan 2013, 12:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I like it when someone can rethink a problem an fix it. In fact respect it. That said, I'm assuming you have done the plugs, wires, and air pressure . Also clean air filter. The things I would suspect would be dirty fuel injectors, catalyst system, Max sensor, and driving habits if millage has always been the same. If you once got better millage then something has changed. Could be the fuel you are getting. Ethanol dose not give as good millage as pure gas. But my thinking is on the components that determine air fuel mixtures. Sorry I'm not more help.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 04 Jan 2013, 12:17 pm
Banned

You sit on towels? Why?

UOTE=NitroPT;461285]This very inexpensive gauge can help you with a multitude of diagnostic issues and can help improve your MPG by re training your driving habits?

UltraGauge Automotive Information Center and OBDII Scan Tool

I made my own mount for it close to the dash gauges but not obstructing there view.

For your light problem:
You should carefully check all your battery cable connection especially the ground connections.

I have the 2005 GT with leather seats, we sit on towels and I clean and treat them often. But I am a bit of a clean "freak"?

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Busa_Powered; 04 Jan 2013 at 12:35 pm.
Old 04 Jan 2013, 12:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
You sit on towels? Why?
Pick a reason:

1. With my aggressive driving the leather seat have me sliding around them?
2. We eat a taco bell on occasion
3. Why mess up what I just cleaned
4. The towels are cleaner then the pants after working on the PT
5. They are RED so it helps with HP
or
6. **The current roads trips we go on are in the snow, we get wet so the towels are more comfortable until the cloths dry off.

**something your PT will never encounter!

Last edited by NitroPT; 04 Jan 2013 at 12:56 pm.
Old 04 Jan 2013, 01:04 pm
Senior Cruiser

Try this. Unlock the doors with the unlock button on the door. Now go to the rear hatch and press the little button up under the Chrysler emblem. Does it now open? When the doors are locked it disables that button. If it does work the only work around I know of it to get a remote key and have it programmed to your car.

I know of no way to bypass the alarm. I still think you might have to bite the bullet and buy a remote key. You could try just a remote from a 2005 and see if it will program to the car.

The only way i have found to get better mileage is to slow down. Mine is a 2009 and I try and stay around 60 if I am conserving gas.
Old 04 Jan 2013, 01:12 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

You cannot use a 2005 remote for the car. In 2006 they switched to the built-in remote/key. If your alarm is going off, you'll need to get a remote, unfortunately. It's a little pricey, but an easy fix.

Also the gas mileage is what it is. My 2010 only gets 20 highway, always has. These cars are too heavy for the size engine they have, and are notorious for relatively poor mileage.

As for your headlights, are they daytime running lights? The running lights, by design, will turn off on what ever side turn signal you're using, so people in front of you can see the turn signal better. When the turn signal shuts off, the running light will come back on.
Old 04 Jan 2013, 02:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Perhaps you can buy a fob key on eBay have it cut and programed here. Appeal to their better nature on the pricing to do the programming. Be aware of the fact that these keys can be bought without the circuit board. So make sure your getting the whole thing.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 04 Jan 2013, 02:53 pm
Banned

I use to use seat covers on my old car.

Have you tried those?

Been thinking about it on my PT.

Do you like drape them over the seat, or sit in a wadded up towel?

No, mine would never see snow, much less rain, I love mine too much :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
Pick a reason:

1. With my aggressive driving the leather seat have me sliding around them?
2. We eat a taco bell on occasion
3. Why mess up what I just cleaned
4. The towels are cleaner then the pants after working on the PT
5. They are RED so it helps with HP
or
6. **The current roads trips we go on are in the snow, we get wet so the towels are more comfortable until the cloths dry off.

**something your PT will never encounter!
Old 04 Jan 2013, 03:58 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Try again

i have a 2006 cruiser and there is a way to unlock your door without the alarm going off.
when you get out of the cruiser manually push down on the door lock,,now you can unlock your cruiser with your key with out the alarm going off.

NOW if all of the doors are unlocked and you manually lock them the back hatch will remain unlocked,to fix that ,,while sitting in the cruiser lock all doors with the ONE lock button, reach over and pull up on the lock, then exit and manually lock the drivers door