Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
LED turn signal light bulbs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jan 2013, 05:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default LED turn signal light bulbs

Is there any danger or any foreseeable problem with replacing 3157 turn signal bulbs without installing a resistor? I mean...other than the fast flash?
Old 09 Jan 2013, 05:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: LED turn signal light bulbs

There's different types of LED bulbs out there. Some only give off the bright LED light in one direction so it would make it harder to see from the side. Make sure you look around at the different types of bulbs. Also some don't necessarily make the flash faster and are made to work like an ordinary bulb.

I have the Rocket taillights and changed the running/stop lights to LED's and the turn signal bulbs to halogen. None of them flash fast.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 09 Jan 2013, 06:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks, these LED's are 360. These first two are white, just so I could see if they would work. I will be getting amber for the front & rear turns and red for the brakes. I'll move these two to the reverse lights. If I can find the right kind of resistors I will get them as a down-the-road-project.
Old 10 Jan 2013, 07:06 am
Senior Cruiser

there is a how-to post on here on modding the the OEM flasher. It's piece of cake to do. I have LEDs in the brake & turn signals in the rear and regular incandecents in the front turns with no hyper flash.
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer