PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
crazy man. confused?

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jan 2013, 03:28 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default crazy man. confused?

So i sold my 16" motegi ff7's that were on my pt cruiser for about a year which is the ones in my profile picture. Sold them to another guy who has a pt cruiser off craigslist. And hes saying he wants his money back because they dont fit and they rub his strut and e brake cable. Idk. Thats what he said. But i put roughly 10,000 miles on them with no problems. He doesnt have the rims on the car to show they dont fit. What do i do? Kinda spent the money on the phone bill. I mean i can give him the money back but it sounds fishy. Any suggestions
2005 n/a 5 speed. 177365 miles. spectre cold air intake, white and pink leds under dash and back seats, purple leds in vents, wall with 1 18" subwoofer built behind back seat(soon to be either 16 American bass vfl8's or 4 18's with the wall rebuilt all the way to behind the front seats,cant wait!!!), blue dash lights, pink turn signal indicators. 3D tails and tinted backup lights. Power antenna (that no longer has power ha!) another one gone but wont be forgotten

2003 gt turbo. 130245 miles. autostick, mopar riceplate, 3" o2 housing and downpipe. custom diablo tune (totaled, gone but not forgotten)

2003 dream cruiser. autostick, mopar body kit, mopar bov, cai. s1 injectors. mopar s1 pcm. 3" 02 housing and downpipe installed from last turbo, upper IC hardpipe more on its way soon.......... diablo tuner in the near future.
Old 11 Jan 2013, 03:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: crazy man. confused?

I've never dealt with Craigslist, only eBay, but was there any kind of sentence structure that said what the return policy was? I just bought a Thermostat Housing ($23 and free shipping) and it had listed: Returns: 30 days money back, buyer pays return shipping What did you ad say?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Jan 2013, 03:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

You had them on a PT car right , Pics to prove it ? Good enough.

As far as I am concerned unless you sold them (for extra) with a guarantee, CL is a buyer beware / non refund deal unless otherwise agreed to. EVERYONE but babies or J.O.kers knows that. I had someone screaming at me to refund sale a van 3 weeks after purchase - because they found some split shock absorber bushings, I kid you not. Its been my tough luck a couple times too, my fault for not being smarter. I deal with CL off property as much as possible because I don't entertain stalkers.I kindly suggest a busy parking lot to show and tell.

Rims and tires is a mine field, he was a doper to enter it without full specs or even a test fit before paying. I bet you would have said thats fine.

I hope it dont get ugly but I say stick to your guns (seriously, mention that if needed).

The cable deal is non sense (tie it out of the way ... it should not be that close) and suggest he install a spacer if he needs to clear a (bent?) strut or he just re-post them for sale.
This guy could easily be making it up too after finding some better deal.

Last edited by gtgt_bangbang; 11 Jan 2013 at 03:55 pm.
Old 11 Jan 2013, 03:41 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

No. They were already off my car so when i was unloading them he asked if they were bent or anything. I said no but if you have a problem like that let me know. But rims not fitting a pt cruiser after coming off a pt cruiser dont make sense.
2005 n/a 5 speed. 177365 miles. spectre cold air intake, white and pink leds under dash and back seats, purple leds in vents, wall with 1 18" subwoofer built behind back seat(soon to be either 16 American bass vfl8's or 4 18's with the wall rebuilt all the way to behind the front seats,cant wait!!!), blue dash lights, pink turn signal indicators. 3D tails and tinted backup lights. Power antenna (that no longer has power ha!) another one gone but wont be forgotten

2003 gt turbo. 130245 miles. autostick, mopar riceplate, 3" o2 housing and downpipe. custom diablo tune (totaled, gone but not forgotten)

2003 dream cruiser. autostick, mopar body kit, mopar bov, cai. s1 injectors. mopar s1 pcm. 3" 02 housing and downpipe installed from last turbo, upper IC hardpipe more on its way soon.......... diablo tuner in the near future.
Old 11 Jan 2013, 03:43 pm
Banned

Just follow your heart
Busted_PT likes this.
Old 11 Jan 2013, 03:45 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Weve been texting back and forth. He lives over an hour away and said that he wants his money back but i keep telling him. I paid my phone bill and dont have it. But am happy to happy figure out why your having a problem becuase they came off the same car. I call b.s but thats my opinion. Hes quite bigger then me too lol. But i feel i shouldnt have to refund as they were on mine and have tons of pictures with dates through out the year to prove. Chromenut is the one who did my profile pic like 6-7 months ago if not longer

Old 11 Jan 2013, 03:52 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

The rims new are 460 free shipping on ebay. I sold them for 225 with the lug nuts. Which are 50 at most part stores. I say he got a heck of a deal. The tires themselves were no good but the rims couldve passed as mint. I kept very good car of them. I hate cracked and curb rashed rims

Old 11 Jan 2013, 03:58 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I told him about 15 min ago maybe he needs new struts then. He said he replaced them a year ago. I said were they oem or aftermarket like napa, advance or autozone. Thinking maybe the mounting was different lengths but still didnt make sense but he said oem. Idk. Thats why i decided to post here. His is a 01. Mine is a 05. Dont think that matters. But hey. What do i know.

Old 11 Jan 2013, 04:04 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Guess i should also say. When i asked why he was replacing the rims he had on his already he said because his girlfriend hit a pothole and bent one and so hes looking for new rims. He looked at my tires and said cool they'll fit. Didnt look at his though. So i just figured he remembered. But i think his tires dont actually fit and thats why he wants his money back. I told him a picture or letting me see in person wouldve been better that way i could figure it out. But to me the tires that he already had dont fit sound like a winner to me.

Old 11 Jan 2013, 04:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

now just wait a durn minute - the RIMS rub or the TIRES rub ?

a) the tires were bad right, he should get some new ones.
In a size that fits.

PLus know that various makes tires may be a tad different in side wall profile.

b) And he bought wheels from a 05 for a 01 ? Strike 3 and 4.

Starting to sound more like a fishy story on his part. Tell him I told you to tell him 'waddaloser'

Last edited by gtgt_bangbang; 11 Jan 2013 at 04:07 pm.