Advertisements
Poss Stupid Question

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Busted_PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Jan 2013, 03:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Poss Stupid Question

After 30 years of driving a rear wheel drive car I now own a PT Cruiser. I know it needs Struts (Thank you Rockauto) and brakes. I can replace both but I am sure but are there other things/parts (bearings etc) that since I have it up it would be worth my effort to replace nows since it has about 92k on it?

Anyone have any good advice?
Old 12 Jan 2013, 04:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Poss Stupid Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartieab View Post
After 30 years of driving a rear wheel drive car I now own a PT Cruiser. I know it needs Struts (Thank you Rockauto) and brakes. I can replace both but I am sure but are there other things/parts (bearings etc) that since I have it up it would be worth my effort to replace nows since it has about 92k on it?

Anyone have any good advice?
Ball joints, tie rods, control arm bushings (flat round one behind the wheel), Lower and upper motor mounts. Also if it has not been done you need to start to think about timing belt and water pump.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 12 Jan 2013, 11:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Yeah the suspension stuff is fine. Everything has been shaked and wiggled and I had a bad tierod that was replaced. I was looking for the easy type stuff like some cars have racers & bearings that should be replaced....on an LT1 while replacing opti should replace water pump. Stuff like that for front end. Water pump & belt are on the schedule for this summer TY.
Old 13 Jan 2013, 08:44 am
Obsessed Cruiser

There are many how Tom's in the tech section. If you decided to do some of the repairs your self. Or ask anything you need help with.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com