Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
P0300 effecting all cylinders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jan 2013, 10:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default P0300 effecting all cylinders

I have a 2001 Limited with 169k miles. Basically what happens is while I'm driving generally under a load, like going up a hill, the check engine light starts flashing for five seconds or so. Then it will go off, eventually it will flash again and repeat two or three times before it finally stays on. This started back in August, I was at school and had no tools so I took it to Aamco where they said oil leaked into the plugs and they had to put new seals on, spark plugs and wires, plus an ignition coil. That didn't fix the problem. Took it to the dealership two weeks later they told me it was the fuel pump. I replaced that and it still didn't fix it. I took it to a different dealer where they ran "advanced diagnostics" on it (where they download the info and send it to other Chrysler techs) They replaced cracked vacuum hoses, pcv valve, and changed the spark plugs again. The advanced diagnostic told them to decarbon the engine. I didn't want to pay $200 for that so I ran two seafom treatments through it. That didn't fix it. I just replaced all my fuel injectors and that didn't fix it. Before I had this code I had a code previously (like two or three months before this problem) that said the camshaft or crankshaft position sensor was going bad so I replaced both of them. I also just replaced the battery (left the lights on one night and killed it).

In short I have replaced the spark plugs and wires, ignition coil, fuel pump, fuel injectors, cam and crankshaft sensor, pcv valve, some vacuum hoses, and the battery all since August. I'm pretty much running out of money now. Any help on how to fix this will greatly be appreciated.
Old 27 Jan 2013, 08:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: P0300 effecting all cylinders

Wow, after all that, you want us to diagnose it?

What is the code that your getting now? Is it still P0300?

How to retrieve fault codes.

One thing I should tell you is that when the engine light is flashing instead of staying on steady, the Owners Manual says that it's "alerting you to serious conditions that could lead to immediate loss of power or severe catalytic converter damage. The vehicle should be serviced ASAP."

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 27 Jan 2013, 08:53 am
Fresh Cruiser

The code I am getting is still P0300. When I am driving it acts completely normally, when the check engine light flashes or comes on, there is no surge or knocking sound.
Old 27 Jan 2013, 10:21 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Sounds like a small vacuum leak that you will have to trace down. usually there's a slight vibration or shaking with a P0300 and a light spraying around all the joints and seams of the upper manifold with WD40 would stop the vibration/shaking for a few seconds to let you know you've found the vacuum leak but if you have no outward signs anywhere of why the code is coming on, I can't help anymore. If it's not doing ANYTHING, try ignoring the light.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 27 Jan 2013, 09:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I didn't notice anything when I sprayed the wd40. I'll just ignore the light and monitor for changes. Thank you for your help
Old 28 Jan 2013, 02:07 am
Obsessed Cruiser

What city in WV?

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 28 Jan 2013, 07:22 am
Fresh Cruiser

I live in Martinsburg, but I am currently at school in Morgantown.