Advertisements
ABS & Trac lights ON

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jan 2013, 10:23 am
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy ABS & Trac lights ON

Hi
I have a PTS Cruiser Ltd CRD 2005
I have the ABS and Trac lights on all the time - dealer says faulty rear O/S sensor (65 for scan). Changed sensor myself (55). Lights still on. Tried to clear fault by disconnecting battery for 20 mins, no luck so went back to dealer for reset. Dealer says they can't reset as there is a sensor wiring fault? Anyone else have this problem? Is it easy to replace the wire? and does anyone know the routing for this cable. Help would be appreciated
Thanks
Old 29 Jan 2013, 12:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: ABS & Trac lights ON

We've seen that problem before. Especially look at the second link as there's more links about the problem to check out.

ABS and Traction control warning lights on

abs/trac warning light

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 29 Jan 2013, 01:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the prompt reply Crewzin
My problem tho is trying to detect and repair the broken cable and dont know where it is routed. Will have a look tomorrow, weather here in uk not too good at moment. Dont suppose there is a drawing anywhere showing the cable route from O/S rear. Is it possible to get a replacement cable from the ABS unit to the rear of car? or do i need to make a new one using the existing plugs?
Old 29 Jan 2013, 01:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

When I got my cruiser it sat up for a few years. When I started driving it those lights popped up, But the car still drove and stopped normal. After about 6 hours of driving maybe less it just went off and hasnt returned.
Old 29 Jan 2013, 02:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I wouldn't believe you'd need to replace the whole cable but anyway, the repair manual doesn't show the whole routing of the cable. Just the parts at the wheels and under the hood.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 07 Feb 2013, 10:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Managed to get it sorted : FYI the cable from the rear wheel sensor runs underneath the car and up into the engine compartment where there is another connector. the fault was an open circuit in the engine compartment wiring loom. Its difficult to get at and i had to run a new 2 core cable cable.
After fixing i had to get dealer to clear fault, how crazy's that ? THE ALTERNATIVE is to switch the ignition ON/OFF 255 times or drive 3500miles ?