Electrical issue need help!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jcraft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Jan 2013, 09:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Electrical issue need help!

Hi all,

New to the forum. Have a 2002 pt cruiser with 39,000 miles. Over the years it has been plagued by a few electrical issues that seem to crop up every few years. Here is the latest. Got in the vehicle this morning started up and noticed these items wrong right away. I drove vehicle last night and these were all working correctly. First the blower motor for the heater does not turn on at all in any position. Two, none of the electric windows will work and one of the led's on one of the buttons is out. Third, the rear defroster will not work ( at least when you push button the led does not light. And last the air bag dash light is lit. As stated all this worked yesterday. I haven't had a chance to dig deep, but picking the blower motor I found the fuse in the box and it was good. I have the schematics in the repair book and it is all a bit confusing. looks like the windows are fed from a C.B. and the blower from a fuse. I was hoping it would be a common fuse to all. The schematic shows them both these protection devices from RUN-A22 whatever that is. If anyone knows the layout of the power side and how it is routed let me know. Thanks
Old 31 Jan 2013, 10:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Electrical issue need help!

As far as I can see, the RUN A22 is part of the interior fuse block and we have seen several owners have problems related to that fuse box. Burnt wires and bad connections. I'd start by taking the cover off the fuse box. You'll find 2 Phillips head screws that hold the panel with the fuses and a couple CB's. take that out and inspect the harness and connections behind the panel.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 11:23 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Check fuse # 3 (40amp) in the PDC under hood. It protects the Run A22 circuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
As far as I can see, the RUN A22 is part of the interior fuse block and we have seen several owners have problems related to that fuse box. Burnt wires and bad connections. ...
Old 01 Feb 2013, 12:03 am
Banned

Cool Re: Electrical issue need help!

Wow, we can't blame the canbus this time! Lol
Old 01 Feb 2013, 07:13 am
Fresh Cruiser

THanks guys,

I did find the following. There is a large plastic connector under the dash behind the fusebox. There is probably 20 wires coming out of connector. I'll bet it is the fuseblock circuits. I wiggled several wires at the connector and the connector itself and presto everything came on and worked. I did have this issue quite a few years ago with intermittant door lock and fog lamp issues. I found a corroded wire into this connector. HAd to resplice and jump around connector. I bet I'll have to do the same here. It is in an awkward spot so hopefully I can find the right wire.
Old 01 Feb 2013, 07:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Glad you found it. Good luck on the repair.