Advertisements
02 pt cruiser problem starting

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Busted_PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Feb 2013, 10:24 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 02 pt cruiser problem starting

I have an 02 pt cruiser i had it sitting in the garage for about 4 month i only started the car like 3 time during this time just when i needed to move it out of the way. I recently put it back on the road to let my lil sister drive it and it cranks and starts no problem but dies right 5 sec after and it only does it in the morning before 10AM after that it starts anytime no problem.
I went out there this morning at 8 AM it starts then dies. I went just now 10AM it stayed on no problem and it drives no problem as well. I added some lucas fuel injector cleaner i though maybe it was that but it didnt work. Please help is getting annoying.
Old 03 Feb 2013, 10:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 02 pt cruiser problem starting

Dose it start right back up or do you have to wait till 10:00? My first thing to try would be to clean the battery cables. These cars need a strong battery. They have been known to do strange things with low voltage. Sitting is hard on automobile. Battery's don't do well either.
CREWZIN likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 03 Feb 2013, 11:54 am
Fresh Cruiser

Yes that was the first thing i did was cleaned the battery cables also i have to wait till 10AM
Old 03 Feb 2013, 12:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesysr View Post
Yes that was the first thing i did was cleaned the battery cables also i have to wait till 10AM
Check the other connections on those cables, like the big ground on the inner finder behind air filter box. Did you notice any lights on the dash when it's running? Especially that first start. I wanted to tell you make sure the clock is set to day light savings. But figured you might not be up for that. BTW how old is your battery?
One other thing if it doesn't help, try to boost it with another car and see if it still dose the same thing. But if it's a connection issue it might not make a difference.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com

Last edited by Busted_PT; 03 Feb 2013 at 12:38 pm.
Old 03 Feb 2013, 12:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

The battery is not even 7 month old and i checked all the cable to and from the battery and i also checked the alternator and everything is good i was thinking maybe is the iacv valve.
Old 03 Feb 2013, 03:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I guess anything's possible. Should have a code stored in the computer for this.

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 03 Feb 2013, 09:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I dont have the check engine light on