Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Repost: Composite Intake Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Feb 2013, 03:38 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Repost: Composite Intake Question

Hello, I am new to the forum and in need of some assistance. I have a 03 GT Autostick. I am beginning the fun adventure of mods. I have read several on here about the composite intake. I found a intake on eBay and wanted to know if it will work?
Intake Manifold PT Cruiser 2 4L DOHC 2001 2002 | eBay

It appears to have what I would think is the upper and lower. Can anyone offer assistance in if it will work and what else I need to complete the mod?

Thank you
John
Old 23 Feb 2013, 03:39 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Repost: Composite Intake Question

Intake Manifold PT Cruiser 2 4L DOHC 2001 2002 | eBay
Old 23 Feb 2013, 06:38 am
Obsessed Cruiser

No the composite intake your seeking has to be off of a turbo! If you are speaking hp . Then 90% of the HP to be gained is in the computer. Stage 1, Diablo, and other type programs. Based on some recent testing that's been done with the two intakes not a whole lot of differences in performance between them. Although there will be serious disagreement on this. If your determined to do this mod. I think it first became available in 06.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 23 Feb 2013, 02:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you. As far as a Stage 1, what is it and where do I buy it? Again, noob so I apologize. Thank you.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 02:58 pm
Senior Cruiser

What you are looking for is the intake for a '04+ turbo. The aluminum intake was only used on the '03 also note that '04 up GT had larger fuel injectors that were also part of the Stage 1 upgrade for an '03.

Stage 1 is the MOPAR computer upgrade and if you have an auto it is the best way to go as it also changes shift parameters to improve performance and trans life. Not sure you can find one new anymore, keep an eye out in the for sale threads or eBay.

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 24 Feb 2013, 10:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The composite intake for turbos was a "running change" in the '05 model year - early '05 turbos still got the aluminum.
The original Turbo in '03 was 215 HP, larger injectors in '04, and composite intake gave 230 HP.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 24 Feb 2013, 11:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Last edited by NitroPT; 25 Feb 2013 at 12:48 am. Reason: the wise one posted lol
Old 24 Feb 2013, 11:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

2006 GTs and on were rated at 230 HP.
It would seem 2005 GTs with composite intakes would also put out 230, but they started with aluminum and stayed at the 220 rating from 2004.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 25 Feb 2013, 12:10 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Last edited by NitroPT; 25 Feb 2013 at 12:48 am. Reason: the wise one posted lol
Old 25 Feb 2013, 08:40 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Ask NitroPT about the stage one and other options. There is a company that programs PCMs to stage one spec. And if the composit intake was used in part of 05, then that would concluded the HP debate on intakes. As stated above HP rating on 05 is 220. The injectors have very little to do with the HP rating. They used that bigger injector in the turbo lite at 180 HP. Like with every other gain in HP on the turbo, the bigger injector was needed to accommodate the higher tune on the computer that gave us the performance increases that they gave through 06.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com