PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Auto Shift Cable R & R

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Mar 2013, 06:38 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Auto Shift Cable R & R

Hi Guys,

First I want to thank everyone for all the help I get from this forum. Tons of great info and helpful people here.

I have a 2001 PT with the auto trans. The shift cable broke at the transmission the other day. I have a parts car with a good cable but it sits in a field and it's about 35 degrees here right now so I wanted to get some info before I head out to get it.

I know how to get to where the cable attaches to the trans and how to take out the center console. My question is how does the cable attach to the firewall? Do I access it from inside the car or from the engine compartment. If it's in the engine compartment, can I get to it from the top or do I need to go under the car to get at it? What tools might I need? A picture would be out of this world

Thanks for your help.

Scott
Old 20 Mar 2013, 03:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Auto Shift Cable R & R

I answered my own question. I had some time today so I took my car apart. Who ever thought that up should be shot, lol. Three bolts buried under a foam block that is glued to the insulation mat on the floor and one bolt under the heat shield for the catalytic converter.

Now that I know how to do it, I have to remove the one from my parts car. Sux working outside in a snow covered field. Not looking forward to it.