Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2009 PT Cruise Control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Mar 2013, 07:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2009 PT Cruise Control

So I know some of you have put cruise controls on your PT's. my questions are, did you put in the OEM cruise control or did you put in a after market unit (Rostra)? If OEM, where did you get them? eBay? Salvage yard? Is ANY part of the cruise system pre-installed in the PT from the factory? We have the base model PT. thanks
Old 26 Mar 2013, 07:43 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: 2009 PT Cruise Control

My base model 09 was pre wired for it. Took my dad and I a couple of hours to install it. He did the work under the hood while i pulled the airbag and installed the column stuff. I installed the factory kit purchased off of EBay. I have a post somewhere on here on my experience installing it. I also have installed the factory fogs.

Last edited by Ray_Dockrey; 26 Mar 2013 at 08:49 pm.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 08:09 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Dockrey View Post
My base model 09 was per wired for it. Took my dad and I a couple of hours to install it. He did the ork under the hood while i pulled the airbag and installed the column stuff. I installed the factory kit purchased off of EBay. I have a post somewhere on here on my experience installing it. I also have installed the factory fogs.
About how much did you pay for the parts?
Old 26 Mar 2013, 08:48 pm
Senior Cruiser

Here is where I got it and for the same price. It was the cheapest place I could find.

2006 2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser Cruise Control 82209360AC | eBay
Old 15 Apr 2013, 08:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I got the cruise control (part # 82209360AC) hooked up. Our PT was NOT pre-wired. A couple of things to note. I had to make sure the new plugs were pushed ALL THE WAY INTO the C3 connector. Also the new wires for the clock spring plug need to be in the #1 & 2 position, NOT the 5 & 6 position. Read this: Installed factory cruise control but not working
Now to the problem. If I just turn the key to the on position, and hit the cruise button, the "cruise" light on the dash comes on like it should. If I START the car and hit the cruise button, the light comes on for a second or two and then shuts back off. Also the check engine picture flashes a few times. Will try to borrow a code reader tomorrow to see what the check engine is about. I have checked the wiring several times today. Any suggestions/ideas/input?
Thanks
Old 16 Apr 2013, 12:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

GOT IT!!!!! After sleeping on the job overnight :-) I checked the two wires that inserted into the brake light switch and THEY were ALSO NOT INSERTED ALL THE WAY!!! I hate those little plugs. Got those pushed in all the way and the cruise control now works!!!!!
Thank you all for the help...
Old 16 Apr 2013, 02:20 pm
Senior Cruiser

Glad you got it fixed. You will enjoy it. I know I sure do and a great sense of pride installing it yourself.