Advertisements
Door locks stopped auto locking at 15mph

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CREWZIN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Mar 2013, 04:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Door locks stopped auto locking at 15mph

Hi All, I noticed the other day that my door locks are no longer locking at 15 mph. All other functions of the power locks ( door switches and key fobs) work fine. It's only the auto feature that stopped working. I was working under the hood last weekend repairing an engine miss with P0303 code. That is fixed but now the lock issue. Any ideas? I replaced the coil pack and the spark plugs for the P0303 issue. I don't think that would have caused the auto lock to stop working.
Got Vinyl? 03 Touring Electric Blue, 17" HD Cool Down rims, Tinted Windows, K&N Cold Air Intake, Pioneer DEH-P7800MP head unit with XM Satellite radio, 6 3/4 Infinity Kappa Component Speakers in front doors, 6x8 Infinity Kappa 2 way speakers in rear pillars, Infinity 475a amp, Custom under seat 8 inch Kicker CompVT sub with zx200.2 Kicker amp and SSL 2 farad capacitor.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 06:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Door locks stopped auto locking at 15mph

From the owners manual:

They can be enabled or disabled by.....

1. Close all doors and place the key into the ignition.

2. Cycle the ignition switch ON/OFF four times ending in the OFF position.

3. Within 10 seconds of the final cycle, press the interior door lock switch to the LOCK position.

4. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

5. You can turn the feature back ON by repeating the above mentioned procedure.
Hokie_Phd likes this.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 02:46 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Door locks stopped auto locking at 15mph

Hi Crewzin, Thank you so much for the reprogramming instructions for the auto door locks. I don't have have a manual for my car as bought it used. I have copy and pasted the fix into my file of PT fixes (getting to be a lot of them, lol) At least most of the issues are easily fixed. I had to de-activate the auto lock and then reactivate it and now they see to be working fine. Thanks again for all of your help. Da DJ Mon ( actually these days its the Vintage Stereo Restoration Mon, lol)
Got Vinyl? 03 Touring Electric Blue, 17" HD Cool Down rims, Tinted Windows, K&N Cold Air Intake, Pioneer DEH-P7800MP head unit with XM Satellite radio, 6 3/4 Infinity Kappa Component Speakers in front doors, 6x8 Infinity Kappa 2 way speakers in rear pillars, Infinity 475a amp, Custom under seat 8 inch Kicker CompVT sub with zx200.2 Kicker amp and SSL 2 farad capacitor.