PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
03 PT Gt Help with performance mods..

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ROCKETMAN8060

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Apr 2013, 05:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Wink 03 PT Gt Help with performance mods..

hello, i new to the form i purchased a 03 pt cruise and it came with the mopar exhaust, after market wires, drop in the box k&n filter..
Im not real smart on these cars so i know several of you srt 4 people and pt gt are way more knowledgeable in the these upgrads and tune

I have reason in stalled a diablo sport tune, not knowing its for stock car pt only... the car has jump up which i am happy with the power but .... when i shiFt in to gear while in the gas i get a couple set of hesitation... Which feel like turbo lag or fuel and spark at wide open throttle..

Can this be a tune problem...
Now i had a t3 t4 turbo ket delivered with the blow of valve ..it is a hybrid...
i was told i will need a oil drain ( which lost me) fuel upgrade that i do understand i need bigger injectors and fuel pump... but what is a waste gate tune ... This is where i can use some of you guys help... Im just wanting to stick with all bolt on and stage 1 ... i want this as a everyday drive car... but a fun sleeper..

Last edited by CREWZIN; 01 Apr 2013 at 08:41 pm.
Old 01 Apr 2013, 07:15 pm
Banned

Default Re: 03 PT Gt Help with performance mods..

uhhhhh do you mean "shift into gear"???
Old 01 Apr 2013, 08:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

FIXED.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 01 Apr 2013, 09:23 pm
Senior Cruiser

Be careful the car is not going lean on gas because you don't have the big injectors on! The 04 GT's and on come already with big injectors so you can used them to fix the problem! So take it easy with the car until you get this replace!
ttcruiser likes this.
Old 02 Apr 2013, 12:22 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Diablosport is not just for stock PT's. You can get Custom tunes as you upgrade your car. Get in touch with the people over at diablosport. You either need a rescale or you need to have a custom tune made for it.

FEBRUARY CRUISER OF THE MONTH

Last edited by needmoretoys; 02 Apr 2013 at 12:24 am. Reason: typo
Old 03 Apr 2013, 12:03 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
uhhhhh do you mean "shift into gear"???
yes... after i shift in to gear and step on the gas (WOT) the car hesitates and then kicks in smooth power....
Old 03 Apr 2013, 12:07 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmoretoys View Post
Diablosport is not just for stock PT's. You can get Custom tunes as you upgrade your car. Get in touch with the people over at diablosport. You either need a rescale or you need to have a custom tune made for it.
Thanks You... that what i was thinking,,, but now i have a t3 t4 turbo and at the moment gathering all the rest of the mods to just keep at stage one...
if i have any more question i be back... but im sure i will lol.... just trying to have alittle fun and project car.... Thanks again...
Old 03 Apr 2013, 09:58 am
Obsessed Cruiser

You may want to invest in a wide band AFR gauge. Also a data logging of your duty cycle of the injectors will give you a good clue if larger injectors is really needed for your driving habits? IMO that the larger injectors placed in later year engines was more for cooling the intake charge and may not have really been necessary for all drivers? I have looked at mine which is an 05 GT and I can already see that while they are nice to have for future engine mods a proper mapping is in order and they would do fine and they even may be on the large side? The canned or 93 performance tune that comes with the DSP(T) is on the rich side for injectors and very advanced for the timing? I guess it works for a large universal based application? You can get a custom mapping as suggested but I would wait until you have done most all you are going to be doing on the engine. Each one runs 50-75+ dollars for a quickie. More advance tuning takes time and a chassis dyno run or good data logging to help create them. There is a very small area of adjustment using the DSP(T) that you can do yourself in injector and timing area but that's it. naturally fan actuation control, RPM limits and MPH is the other areas. But unfortunately that is all they allow the general user to do for the PT?
You might try doing a single plug reading at speed to see what is going on in the combustion chamber. This would give you a really good indicator whether you are running lean or rich under power or load? The way to do it is to run up the engine speed under power to your desired top engine speed, then carefully making sure you can safely slow down to the side of the road turn off the engine at that engine speed. DO NOT take your foot off or let up on the throttle until you have shut the engine off. After stopping pull a plug and see what it looks like. If you are not sure how to do a plug reading bring an extra spark plug with you and exchange it for the one you removed. later take some good clear pictures and post or pm them to me and I or others experienced in performance plug reading can give you an opinion how they read.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 04 Apr 2013, 11:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Wow you know these cars. Sweet but were the weather is breaking warm here in cleveland every time I got to get on it I see a cop... I cant try thst test... I does seem like when I stomp the gas to the floor it feel like a flutter as if gas is not burning

Get this yesterday I drove it on the highway and I had shift to 4th gear and eas the peddal down til turbo kick in and it kicked in smooth and great power I try this again from 3rd to 4th and smooth powerr.. but when I get WOT it hesitant ..

Any clue