PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
You may think im crazy.....

 
Like Tree4Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03 Apr 2013, 04:11 pm
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,354
Default You may think im crazy.....

So i did something to my PT 30 days ago. I told none of you because i did not want to be talked out of it.

I wanted to do an experiment to see just what would happen.

Today I found out the results.


30 days ago i drained all of my oil and flushed the engine.

I re filled it shortly after. But not with oil.

I filled it with 5qts of PURE Marvels Mystery Oil.

I drove it 950 miles since then.

Today i drained and flushed it out. Had my local shop peek around inside the engine with a scope.


The result.............AMAZING. He said he had never seen a cleaner engine on a vehicle with 120k.

All of my seals were moist, even cracked ones had swollen back.

what came out of the motor was reddish liquid filled with hunks of blowby, carbon, physical chunks of gross black mass.....

Today i did something again and re-filled my engine with Marvels Mystery Oil.

Before i did this i ran my Kawasaki for a month on only marvels with no damage.

From now on i will not pay 6.50 a Qt for "oil" , ill spend $4 a qt for marvels and use it as oil, its much much better :-D
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03 Apr 2013, 04:18 pm
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: darien il
Posts: 4,592
Default Re: You may think im crazy.....

i think you're crazy. just thought i'd throw that out there.

-rob
Busted_PT likes this.

Last edited by rob342; 03 Apr 2013 at 04:22 pm. Reason: because i can.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03 Apr 2013, 04:30 pm
NitroPT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: USA kalyfornia
Posts: 15,606
Default Re: You may think im crazy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluminator View Post
Re: You may think im crazy.....

lets start with this point...... ^^^^^^^YES I do!!!!

As for the Marvels Mystery Oil I would have supported your thought about this. I routinely when I purchase a used vehicle if I know that there is no bad oil leak from a gasket or seal will drain and re-fill with the least expensive ATF available and run it for a couple of days. You went a little more extreme and it was a bit more cost for the MMO. I did this with our GT lat year in the first week.

Now I have another engine cleaning trick for you but will PM you about it.
__________________
Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03 Apr 2013, 04:33 pm
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,354
Default Re: You may think im crazy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
lets start with this point...... ^^^^^^^YES I do!!!!

As for the Marvels Mystery Oil I would have supported your thought about this. I routinely when I purchase a used vehicle if I know that there is no bad oil leak from a gasket or seal will drain and re-fill with the least expensive ATF available and run it for a couple of days. You went a little more extreme and it was a bit more cost for the MMO. I did this with our GT lat year in the first week.

Now I have another engine cleaning trick for you but will PM you about it.
haha Hey, it works! im not going to keep it in for another 30 days though....probably gonna do 50-50 from now on. It works as oil. That is what i wanted to find out lol

But i dont recommend this to everyone, because it worked for me does not mean it will work for you. I have a spare motor out back so if i had blown it......wouldnt have mattered that much :-D
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03 Apr 2013, 04:53 pm
cruserdad1976's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: st james mo
Posts: 8,217
Default Re: You may think im crazy.....

hey is a question for Nitro and tjhe rest of you

I am a big Marvel Oil fan as well and I always add 1 quart to my oil on a oil change( ever month for me)

I just had a Chevy S 10 with a 2.2 4 cyl in it rebuilt about all i keep was the block and head it was running when i decided to do the rebuild so it has pretty much new everything even a new crank rods pistons all new values cam oil pump water pump radiator starter injectors all new so my question is I am plannign to drive it about 100 miles and change the oil then drive it about 500 and change the oil then start changing the oil ever2000 miles for a few months finally ill get to once a month which is close to 4000 miles for me should i just start with synthetic or wait till i ahve several thoushand miles I will be using the Mystery Oil at each oil change 1 quairt plus 4 quarts oil
What ya all say????
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03 Apr 2013, 04:56 pm
Vlefaive's Avatar
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Whitby ON Canada
Posts: 1,630
Default Re: You may think im crazy.....

I love it.... I'll let you know but I say to hell with it .. I'm running out for mazola !
Busted_PT likes this.
__________________
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03 Apr 2013, 04:57 pm
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,354
Default Re: You may think im crazy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruserdad1976 View Post
hey is a question for Nitro and tjhe rest of you

I am a big Marvel Oil fan as well and I always add 1 quart to my oil on a oil change( ever month for me)

I just had a Chevy S 10 with a 2.2 4 cyl in it rebuilt about all i keep was the block and head it was running when i decided to do the rebuild so it has pretty much new everything even a new crank rods pistons all new values cam oil pump water pump radiator starter injectors all new so my question is I am plannign to drive it about 100 miles and change the oil then drive it about 500 and change the oil then start changing the oil ever2000 miles for a few months finally ill get to once a month which is close to 4000 miles for me should i just start with synthetic or wait till i ahve several thoushand miles I will be using the Mystery Oil at each oil change 1 quairt plus 4 quarts oil
What ya all say????
Seeing as its a new rebuild with new seals, i would say go for the synthetic. Usually i tell people to stay away from synthetic when they have old seals on an old engine, its particles are much finer than conventional oil and can fuel leaks on old vehicles.

If your using MMO from day 1, should help keep that engine clean and strong for a very long time. Buddy of mie had a 55 ford and started using MMO back in the 50s ran it to 405K in 2000. When he finally sold it. Only issue the motor ever had was it needed fuel filters every now and then.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03 Apr 2013, 04:58 pm
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,354
Default Re: You may think im crazy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlefaive View Post
I love it.... I'll let you know but I say to hell with it .. I'm running out for mazola !
aha i dont believe that will have the same effect haha
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03 Apr 2013, 05:04 pm
NitroPT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: USA kalyfornia
Posts: 15,606
Default Re: You may think im crazy.....

Before I would be absolute to any recommendation...It depends on the piston rings you used and the type of finish cylinder hone. I did not read anywhere what they were?
__________________
Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03 Apr 2013, 05:06 pm
Busted_PT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beckley, W.V.
Posts: 13,882
Default Re: You may think im crazy.....

I would change the oil at 1 K conventional. Go synthetic to about 6k from then on. Or even 50 50 mix of conv. and synth.
__________________

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Am I crazy? Busa_Powered General PT Cruiser Discussions 15 16 Dec 2012 09:21 am
Crazy a$$ GT PeteyGT General Turbo Discussions 3 25 May 2012 07:40 am
I am CRAZY!! Busa_Powered General PT Cruiser Discussions 9 13 Jul 2011 03:34 pm
Would I be crazy.... yobiebs General Turbo Discussions 11 11 Sep 2006 05:05 pm
am I crazy Alini General Turbo Discussions 24 20 Nov 2004 08:23 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 pm.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors