PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
You may think im crazy.....

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Apr 2013, 04:11 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default You may think im crazy.....

So i did something to my PT 30 days ago. I told none of you because i did not want to be talked out of it.

I wanted to do an experiment to see just what would happen.

Today I found out the results.

30 days ago i drained all of my oil and flushed the engine.

I re filled it shortly after. But not with oil.

I filled it with 5qts of PURE Marvels Mystery Oil.

I drove it 950 miles since then.

Today i drained and flushed it out. Had my local shop peek around inside the engine with a scope.

The result.............AMAZING. He said he had never seen a cleaner engine on a vehicle with 120k.

All of my seals were moist, even cracked ones had swollen back.

what came out of the motor was reddish liquid filled with hunks of blowby, carbon, physical chunks of gross black mass.....

Today i did something again and re-filled my engine with Marvels Mystery Oil.

Before i did this i ran my Kawasaki for a month on only marvels with no damage.

From now on i will not pay 6.50 a Qt for "oil" , ill spend $4 a qt for marvels and use it as oil, its much much better :-D
Old 03 Apr 2013, 04:18 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: You may think im crazy.....

i think you're crazy. just thought i'd throw that out there.

-rob
Busted_PT likes this.

Last edited by rob342; 03 Apr 2013 at 04:22 pm. Reason: because i can.
Old 03 Apr 2013, 04:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluminator View Post
Re: You may think im crazy.....

lets start with this point...... ^^^^^^^YES I do!!!!

As for the Marvels Mystery Oil I would have supported your thought about this. I routinely when I purchase a used vehicle if I know that there is no bad oil leak from a gasket or seal will drain and re-fill with the least expensive ATF available and run it for a couple of days. You went a little more extreme and it was a bit more cost for the MMO. I did this with our GT lat year in the first week.

Now I have another engine cleaning trick for you but will PM you about it.
Old 03 Apr 2013, 04:33 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
lets start with this point...... ^^^^^^^YES I do!!!!

As for the Marvels Mystery Oil I would have supported your thought about this. I routinely when I purchase a used vehicle if I know that there is no bad oil leak from a gasket or seal will drain and re-fill with the least expensive ATF available and run it for a couple of days. You went a little more extreme and it was a bit more cost for the MMO. I did this with our GT lat year in the first week.

Now I have another engine cleaning trick for you but will PM you about it.
haha Hey, it works! im not going to keep it in for another 30 days though....probably gonna do 50-50 from now on. It works as oil. That is what i wanted to find out lol

But i dont recommend this to everyone, because it worked for me does not mean it will work for you. I have a spare motor out back so if i had blown it......wouldnt have mattered that much :-D
Old 03 Apr 2013, 04:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

hey is a question for Nitro and tjhe rest of you

I am a big Marvel Oil fan as well and I always add 1 quart to my oil on a oil change( ever month for me)

I just had a Chevy S 10 with a 2.2 4 cyl in it rebuilt about all i keep was the block and head it was running when i decided to do the rebuild so it has pretty much new everything even a new crank rods pistons all new values cam oil pump water pump radiator starter injectors all new so my question is I am plannign to drive it about 100 miles and change the oil then drive it about 500 and change the oil then start changing the oil ever2000 miles for a few months finally ill get to once a month which is close to 4000 miles for me should i just start with synthetic or wait till i ahve several thoushand miles I will be using the Mystery Oil at each oil change 1 quairt plus 4 quarts oil
What ya all say????
Old 03 Apr 2013, 04:56 pm
Senior Cruiser

I love it.... I'll let you know but I say to hell with it .. I'm running out for mazola !
Busted_PT likes this.
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 03 Apr 2013, 04:57 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruserdad1976 View Post
hey is a question for Nitro and tjhe rest of you

I am a big Marvel Oil fan as well and I always add 1 quart to my oil on a oil change( ever month for me)

I just had a Chevy S 10 with a 2.2 4 cyl in it rebuilt about all i keep was the block and head it was running when i decided to do the rebuild so it has pretty much new everything even a new crank rods pistons all new values cam oil pump water pump radiator starter injectors all new so my question is I am plannign to drive it about 100 miles and change the oil then drive it about 500 and change the oil then start changing the oil ever2000 miles for a few months finally ill get to once a month which is close to 4000 miles for me should i just start with synthetic or wait till i ahve several thoushand miles I will be using the Mystery Oil at each oil change 1 quairt plus 4 quarts oil
What ya all say????
Seeing as its a new rebuild with new seals, i would say go for the synthetic. Usually i tell people to stay away from synthetic when they have old seals on an old engine, its particles are much finer than conventional oil and can fuel leaks on old vehicles.

If your using MMO from day 1, should help keep that engine clean and strong for a very long time. Buddy of mie had a 55 ford and started using MMO back in the 50s ran it to 405K in 2000. When he finally sold it. Only issue the motor ever had was it needed fuel filters every now and then.
Old 03 Apr 2013, 04:58 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlefaive View Post
I love it.... I'll let you know but I say to hell with it .. I'm running out for mazola !
aha i dont believe that will have the same effect haha
Old 03 Apr 2013, 05:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Before I would be absolute to any recommendation...It depends on the piston rings you used and the type of finish cylinder hone. I did not read anywhere what they were?
Old 03 Apr 2013, 05:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I would change the oil at 1 K conventional. Go synthetic to about 6k from then on. Or even 50 50 mix of conv. and synth.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com