Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Need Help!!! My 06 PT Cruiser wont start

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Apr 2013, 11:23 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Need Help!!! My 06 PT Cruiser wont start

Hello everyone, I think I need your help now.

It is a 06 PT Cruiser GT, 5 speed manual transmission version, 83K miles, several days ago I found the radiator fan did not work, so I removed the old one, but when I put everything back, the engine is not working. Every time I put my key in it, the check engine light will blink for about 15 seconds and then remain on, and there is some mechanical noise in the CD player as well. So does anyone know what is the problem is? Thanks very much for your great help, if you need any further information, please just let me know.
Old 06 Apr 2013, 11:31 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Need Help!!! My 06 PT Cruiser wont start

do this and let us know what codes come up:

click -> Error Codes

after that, disconnect the battery and step on the brake pedal for 30 seconds. then reconnect it and try to start it.
Old 06 Apr 2013, 04:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you! I have tried the method, but instead of giving me any code, it shows six dashes, and what does that mean? And the CD player has mechanical noise all the time, is it means that the PCM broke?
Old 06 Apr 2013, 04:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob342 View Post
do this and let us know what codes come up:

click -> Error Codes

after that, disconnect the battery and step on the brake pedal for 30 seconds. then reconnect it and try to start it.
Thank you! I have tried the method, but instead of giving me any code, it shows six dashes, and what does that mean? And the CD player has mechanical noise all the time, is it means that the PCM broke?
Old 07 Apr 2013, 03:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hi everyone, here are some additional information: Here are three wiring harness attached to the PCM on PT, today I detach all of them from the PCM and the CD player still has the same noise, it seems that the CD player always resetting itself, even the key is not at 'on' position. So I think the PCM maybe is not broke, does anyone know what is the problem?Somewhere in the wiring get short? Thanks very much for your suggestion!
Old 07 Apr 2013, 08:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Some follow up information: The starter doesn't work, I can only hear the click sound, but the motor does not run at all! With all the information I have provided, does anyone can give some suggestions? Thanks very much.
Old 07 Apr 2013, 09:05 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Huboyi...
Hmm... did you check your battery or connections? Based on what your saying, that would be my first check.

Old 07 Apr 2013, 09:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767skyking View Post
Huboyi...
Hmm... did you check your battery or connections? Based on what your saying, that would be my first check.
Thanks for your reply! The battery is fine, I have checked it, and the cable and clamps are also work fine. Now I suspect the starter motor is broke, but I am not sure if that could cause the CD player reset all the time, do you know that?
Thanks again.
Old 08 Apr 2013, 09:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

New information: Today I remove the fuse for the CD player, now the CD player will not reset for sure, and this time the PCM returns no error code, it shows DONE, but every time I put the key in 'ON', the check engine light will blink for several times and then remains there. With all those information, does anyone has clue? Thanks very much for your reply!
Old 08 Apr 2013, 09:32 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Check engine light is supposed to stay on if the key is on and the engine is not running. That is normal. Try starting it while connecting jumper cables from another car. It sounds like you have a bad battery or a crappy connection. How did you test your battery? You need to have it load tested. A multimeter is not adequate. You may have ample volts and still have insufficient amps. The fact that the radio resets is a clue you don't have enough juice.

Last edited by rob342; 08 Apr 2013 at 09:36 pm.

Tags
need help