Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Please Help!! Issues with my 05 Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Apr 2013, 04:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Please Help!! Issues with my 05 Cruiser

Hi all. New to the forums and I was hoping someone could solve my issue. I have an 2005 base model auto with 126,000 miles. l was recently having a mis-fire while driving and at idle. I thought it was a timing belt so we changed that. Changed the spark plugs and wires just for good measure. Put everything back together and it wouldn't start and run with out help. Got it to keep running above 2000rpm it gave us a crankshaft error. Replaced that then got a MAP sensor error. Replaced that then got a Throttle Position sensor error. Replaced all of that and it still misses. Checked for spark and vacuum leaks. all were fine. I was debating replacing the PCM but I didn't think that i would get CEL's or that the engine would run if it was failing. Also replaced the IACV as another member wrote it would solve the idle miss.It helped but still having a miss. I'm not receiving any other CEL codes now as well. I've been a month without my car, any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 06 Apr 2013, 04:56 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Please Help!! Issues with my 05 Cruiser

Are you sure you got the timing right? It is very tricky on these cars.
Old 06 Apr 2013, 05:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Yes, my husband is pretty observant and kinda anal retentive about making sure everything goes back together correctly. He is double checking the timing belt alignment, but in the instance it is correct, do you know what else may be causing my issues? Thanks for responding!!
Old 06 Apr 2013, 05:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Sounds like there's only two things you having checked or replaced; the camshaft sensor and the coil. There should have been a fault code to helpyou pin point it but who knows. The coil is pretty bullet proof but we have seen one or two get replaced and fixed the problem. On the other hand, the camshaft position sensor is notorious for going bad or the wiring harness that it's attached to.