PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Daughters Cruiser started acting up again?

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Apr 2013, 11:26 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Daughters Cruiser started acting up again?

I replace the fuel pump, timing belt and tensioner, water pump, plugs and wires, cam sensor, crank sensor, battery cables and both O2 sensors. It has started to stall out again and run rough. She said while she was driving the Air Bag light was on and the speedometer needle was jumping all over, Check Engine light was flashing. Here's the codes now:

P0452 Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor
P0300 Engine Miss Fire Detected
P0201 Injector 1
P0202 Injector 2
Po203 Injector 3
P0204 Injector 4
P0508 IAC Valve Sensor
P0032 O2
P0038 O2

I told her if the car was mine we'll get it running and then get rid of it. It's been one thing after another and she works nights. There's been many nights I had to go get her because it stalled and would not start until after it sat a while.

Bob
Old 19 Apr 2013, 02:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Daughters Cruiser started acting up again?

you knwo the 1 thing i did not see is a simple fix and may already be done did you replace the battery??? a bad battery acn cause these PTs to do some relally goffey things
Old 19 Apr 2013, 02:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Bob,

If you hadn't been around for 90+ posts on this forum I'd guess you were just someone trying to make trouble. Did you clear the computer of old fault codes before you got this batch of new ones? If not, take the negative battery cable off for about 5 minutes. Step on the brake pedal to get rid of any residual build-up and put it back together. It will run rough for a minute or two while the computer learns you settings but will get rid of any old fault codes and you can see what pops up new.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 09:46 am
Regular Cruiser

cruserdad1976,

Battery was changed about a year ago.

Crewzin,

What's up with this comment? "If you hadn't been around for 90+ posts on this forum I'd guess you were just someone trying to make trouble"?

Yes, I know how to clear the codes and work on cars. Been doing it for 40 years. I come here for help figuring out what's wrong with the car. This doesn't look like a place where I want to continue to come for help. Hope you don't treat everyone like this. T

Bob
Old 22 Apr 2013, 02:37 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The comment was made in jest because of the number of fault codes that you pulled up at one time. I don't treat anyone bad unless they are a scammer and then I just delete their post and bad their IP address from the forum. I also went further and gave some advice on how to clear the codes in case you didn't know as many other don't.

At one time there were PT haters that joined the forum just to stir up trouble but you usually could tell by the number of posts they had. They wouldn't be around as long as you have and then start acting up. That was the reference to you number of good posts.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 02:43 pm
Regular Cruiser

Crewzin,

OK, I thought that was the case. I've never seen you post like that before.

Thanks again.

Bob
Old 22 Apr 2013, 02:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

It just sort-of startled me to see someone with So Many different fault codes, especially since you had just changed some of the things on the list of faults.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 03:08 pm
Regular Cruiser

The one's in red she gets off and on, but the others are new. After I changed the fuel pump it ran good for quite a while then started acting up. I questioned her after it threw all those codes and she had just filled gas before all this happened. I thought maybe bad gas. I added some octane booster to the tank and it's been three days since it's acted up. But, she normally only drives a couple of miles a day.
Bob

[QUOTE=unioncreek;473232]

P0452 Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor
P0300 Engine Miss Fire Detected
P0201 Injector 1
P0202 Injector 2
Po203 Injector 3
P0204 Injector 4
P0508 IAC Valve Sensor
P0032 O2
P0038 O2
Old 22 Apr 2013, 03:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

souns liike water in gas or bad gas or dirty fuel hope it cleqasr up
Old 22 Apr 2013, 04:06 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Where you located unioncreek...? Sounds to me that I would try to find someone with a OBDII autoscanner and clear everything. Start from scratch, check your battery connections. Check your grounds. One of the shops that I work with sees a good number of PT's that have bad PCM's. It has been common for them to see burnt diodes which they repair. They don't really know why they burn out but it does not re-occur after replacing them with bigger ones. With that many codes, I would seem to agree with cruserdad. Its hard to troubleshoot on the internet without having the car in front of us. (sorry). If your in the IE, PM me and I would be glad to help you out.
Busted_PT likes this.