Advertisements
Anyone shopped here ?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NitroPT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Apr 2013, 03:16 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Anyone shopped here ?

Anyone shop here ? I found an amazing deal on great cross drilled/vented rotors and ceramic pads , wondering if there was more feedback out there .

THANKS

CARiD.com - Car Accessories & Parts

PowerStop® - 1-Click Brake Kit

PS .. HOLY SMOKES THEY HAVE EVERYTHING
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.

Last edited by Vlefaive; 23 Apr 2013 at 07:33 pm.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 04:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Anyone shopped here ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlefaive View Post
Anyone shop here ? I found an amazing deal on great cross drilled/vented rotors and ceramic pads , wondering if there was more feedback out there .

THANKS

CARiD.com - Car Accessories & Parts

PowerStop® - 1-Click Brake Kit

IMO Power Stop Ceramic pads are good for average street use. But for spirited driving they do not do so well. As the pad gets hotter the braking distance becomes increased and the braking predictability gets questionable. I have traditionally used on my daily drivers HAWK brake pads. I see your choice of supplier carries HAWK rotors so perhaps also the pads? IMO HAWK are the best ceramic pad you can get. In the world of brake pads you get what you pay for. As far as I'am concerned you DON'T skimp on brake parts!

We used Freodo for track or very fast street cars
HAWK for all around street and spirited driving street and light track
EBC Green Stuff same as HAWK but second over HAWK.
In trying many other pads they did not do as well as these 3.

A lot in choosing a pad not only has to do with how you drive and where but also what tires you have the other brake components and suspension condition. Truthfully no one can decide for you and every PT is a little different but a continued research with all the information about brake pads will help you decide your personal best choice.
mole likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 23 Apr 2013, 04:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to mole

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
IMO Power Stop Ceramic pads are good for average street use. But for spirited driving they do not do so well. As the pad gets hotter the braking distance becomes increased and the braking predictability gets questionable. I have traditionally used on my daily drivers HAWK brake pads. I see your choice of supplier carries HAWK rotors so perhaps also the pads? IMO HAWK are the best ceramic pad you can get. In the world of brake pads you get what you pay for. As far as I'am concerned you DON'T skimp on brake parts!

We used Freodo for track or very fast street cars
HAWK for all around street and spirited driving street and light track
EBC Green Stuff same as HAWK but second over HAWK.
In trying many other pads they did not do as well as these 3.

A lot in choosing a pad not only has to do with how you drive and where but also what tires you have the other brake components and suspension condition. Truthfully no one can decide for you and every PT is a little different but a continued research with all the information about brake pads will help you decide your personal best choice.
+1 for Hawk Pads.

i use the HPS pads for street/DD and the HPS+ pads for the track.

2004 SRT-4 built
2005 SRT-4 mole' 16g bws setup. 380hp 444tq 11.7@122 100% stock motor/head/axles. Dsp tuned.
2003.5 MazdaSPEED Protege stock
2004 PtGT Atx BWS SETUP and a few bolt ons. stay tuned for dyno #s
Contact me for all your BWS/DCR needs..........
Old 23 Apr 2013, 06:06 pm
Young Cruiser

I bought "power stop" at Rock Auto 3 weeks ago, they fit perfectly, however, they were noisy for the first 100 miles. I broke them in as detailed with the order to the letter. Now they are not noisy, braking seems about the same as moe.
If you do go with Power stop, the instructions don't tell you to grease the crap out of everything but the ceramic part of the pads. Bynot doing that, the noise level is bad.

fwiw
Old 23 Apr 2013, 06:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thanks ! Ordered just now, I guess time will tell..... Hey Crewzin, do I grease the rotors too ?
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.