Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
n/a 5-speed feels almost as fast as gt w/autostick

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Apr 2013, 01:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default n/a 5-speed feels almost as fast as gt w/autostick

I know I'm going by "seat of the pants" and not actual track times but my 5-speed non-turbo pt feels like it isn't far off from the gt I used to have with autostick. Only thing I have done to my current pt is change to a k&n drop in filter and airbox mod.
One reason I feel like my pt is pretty peppy is because of how slow I heard the non turbo pt's were. Of course being a 5-speed frees up some ponies
2007 PT Cruiser GT 5-speed 17x8 Konig Inception wheels K&N style intake auto throttle body Spec D tail lights Blow off plate 10.2mm plug wires Cat-Back "DNA Motoring" exhaust w/ Thrush glasspack "blacked out" DIY ground effects added boost gauge (in place of analog clock)
Old 24 Apr 2013, 02:49 pm
Banned

Exclamation Re: n/a 5-speed feels almost as fast as gt w/autostick

I dunno, I am not a big fan of automatics.

I have the best of both worlds a 5 speed GT
Old 24 Apr 2013, 02:59 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: n/a 5-speed feels almost as fast as gt w/autostick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
I dunno, I am not a big fan of automatics.

I have the best of both worlds a 5 speed GT
Yeah, 5-speeds are more fun to drive (most of the time, at least)

You do have the best of both worlds...although I may have a slight edge on you when it comes to gas mileage
2007 PT Cruiser GT 5-speed 17x8 Konig Inception wheels K&N style intake auto throttle body Spec D tail lights Blow off plate 10.2mm plug wires Cat-Back "DNA Motoring" exhaust w/ Thrush glasspack "blacked out" DIY ground effects added boost gauge (in place of analog clock)

Last edited by shelbyzman; 24 Apr 2013 at 03:13 pm.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 03:39 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: n/a 5-speed feels almost as fast as gt w/autostick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyzman View Post
I know I'm going by "seat of the pants" and not actual track times but my 5-speed non-turbo pt feels like it isn't far off from the gt I used to have with autostick. Only thing I have done to my current pt is change to a k&n drop in filter and airbox mod.
One reason I feel like my pt is pretty peppy is because of how slow I heard the non turbo pt's were. Of course being a 5-speed frees up some ponies
Haha non turbo's arent that slow. I have a 03 Base model 2.4 non turbo and it eats plenty of cars , its all about the way you drive it.

the way to get power from an auto is not to just put her to the floor like you would a 5spd. You have to slowly depress it to the floor, winds the motor better and allows the PMC time to realize what your trying to do. Accelerate at 1/2 throttle to about 3500RPM then hammer it down and she will GO!.

My base will do *track time* 0-60 in around 7 wheras some lighter "faster" cars *civics, accords, imprezzas* not the STI's or wrx's :-p are pulling around 8.5 :-D