Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
bad rattle in front end after 1 hour driving

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 May 2013, 04:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default bad rattle in front end after 1 hour driving

just bought a 2004 PT touring. after driving for 1 hour it had a bad rattle clunking in front left side. If I park over night it's gone and if I just make small runns no problem but anything over on hour of constant driving it comes back.
no steering vibration and every thing else seems OK
Old 20 May 2013, 05:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: bad rattle in front end after 1 hour driving

Welcome to the forum.
Sounds like your future will be made up of a lot of short trips. Seriously, if there's some shops in the area that will inspect the undercarriage for free in hopes of selling you parts (which you may or may not need), have them take a look while it's up on a lift. There's too many parts to list here of what it might be so have them check everything.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 20 May 2013, 05:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I had it into the service centre when it was doing it the guy drove it he could here the clanging, he got it up on the hoist 3 times checking and titening every thing he could. on the 3rd test it stopped. Thinking everything was ok driving on freeway after about 1hour it's back again, next morning all ok no clunking so have to drive bit over an hourback to the dealer in the morning again to see if they can find what it is. got me stumped
Old 20 May 2013, 11:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I had it into the service centre when it was doing it the guy drove it he could here the clanging, he got it up on the hoist 3 times checking and titening every thing he could. on the 3rd test it stopped. Thinking everything was ok driving on freeway after about 1hour it's back again, next morning all ok no clunking so have to drive bit over an hourback to the dealer in the morning again to see if they can find what it is. got me stumped