PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
need some advice on what my problam might be?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jun 2013, 07:31 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default need some advice on what my problam might be?

I have a 2002 pt cruiser 2.4 non turbo auto trans with 123,435 miles on it.Car has been great up till about year ago.All sudden it started acting like it was not getting enough fuel would have times where it would not stay running on its own.I changed all sensors such as throttle postion,crank,cam,senors ect. Ran good till about 2 weeks ago when i got up to go to work and started car to warm it up and it struggled to start.I got it started but acted like fuel mixture was not right.So to get to my problams i left and went aout 2 miles away from my house as i came to a stop light car shut off, no shacking,nothing just lost power and shut off.I put it in park started it only by holding throttle down little bit as i cranked it.Then again as i came up to stop light let off throttle and applied brake lost complete power again.SO i drove it back home and parked it.There was no check engine light on or nothing.So i took it to a shop in town and they sad it was my EGR VALVE so i ha them fix it and three days later it did it again.I am asking for any advice from anybody.I have changed all fuses,relays, if you can help me out it would be very much apperciated cause i am not knowing where to go from here.. thanks josh
Old 30 Jun 2013, 09:10 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: need some advice on what my problam might be?

only OEM dealer sensors last more than a week in this car. turn the key off and on 3 times and read any codes in the odometer. if you do it right and there are no codes, it will display "d0NE"

on another note, nothing you wrote describes a problem with the EGR. if you have an EGR problem it runs fine, but throws a code and turns on the check engine light. i'd stay away from that shop in the future. they are either crooks or just bad mechanics.
Old 30 Jun 2013, 12:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: need some advice on what my problam might be?

I would also check the harness for the two sensors (cam and crank). Have been known to rub and chaff. Causing it to short out.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com