Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
No Crank, No Click, No Start

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Jul 2013, 03:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default No Crank, No Click, No Start

So I'm looking for a little help here. I have a 2003 Chrysler pt gt, When I turn the key, I have full power in the on position. When I attempt to start it up though, I get no turn over, nor do I get the clicking sound that would tell me the starter is bad. No noise at all. The lights don't dim, so my thought is that it's either the ignition not telling the engine to start, or the starter/solenoid not working at all. The problem first started about a week ago, went to a local walgreens for stuff, no trouble starting or running , went in and shopped, came out and got nothing when i turned the key. Had my brother come and try to jump it, with it connected still got nothing, he told me to jiggle the key and it started right up. got it home, turned it off and attempted to start it again got nothing. had to head on a trip 2 day's later, went out to the car, put the key in and it started up just fine on the first try. Made the trip even hit a few stops, still no problem starting back up. parked it at my destination for about 2 hours, went out to move it and now i get nothing again. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07 Jul 2013, 11:54 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: No Crank, No Click, No Start

How do you check or test the fuse's under the hood to see if they are bad. I can obviously see through the ones with the clear/colored plastic tops, but what would the indicator be for the black plastic ones. they all look good at a glance, no damage or burn marks. Didn't know if there was a way to tell without pulling them.
Old 07 Jul 2013, 01:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

pulled the ignition actuator pin assembly and found nothing wrong, all parts intact, no real wear and tear, and no broken or missing pieces.
Old 07 Jul 2013, 01:37 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: No Crank, No Click, No Start

Have you checked your battery cables from end-to-end?......Sometimes it could be a problem even at the connection to the starter.
Old 07 Jul 2013, 03:30 pm
Young Cruiser

Yeah sounds like the cables aren't tight
Old 07 Jul 2013, 03:57 pm
Young Cruiser

I forgot to add, if you have a DMM set it to ohms. Put both of the probes on the posts and see is you have continuity. To check them in the car do a voltage drop. Place black probe on a good solid ground then take the red probe and touch an exposed side of the fuses pin on top of the fuse. If you have voltage check the other side of the fuse. An open reading means the fuse is bad but if you get a voltage reading on both sides then the fuse is good.