PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
'07 PT - Rough Idle, rough acceleration, and shuts off if it idles for too long

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pt06

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Aug 2013, 08:46 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default '07 PT - Rough Idle, rough acceleration, and shuts off if it idles for too long

Hello!

I'm new here! My name is Nikki and I hope that you guys will be able to help me. Recently, the check engine light in my '07 PT came on after having some issues with the AC and a rough idle. I was told it was the radiator fan, which I promptly replaced. I was told that this should fix my idling issue and in reality, it didn't. My car shuts off if I'm at a stop light for too long. if I turn on my AC and sit at a light, the needle spikes to the top and my car overheats. I had my coolant system serviced. Still nothing. I won't lie, I don't know much about cars but after a bad experience at my local dealership, I try much harder at diagnosing issues myself. Any ideas?
Old 09 Aug 2013, 04:09 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: '07 PT - Rough Idle, rough acceleration, and shuts off if it idles for too long

La; there are many articles on this sight about your problem. Keep digging.
markeele likes this.
Old 09 Aug 2013, 06:03 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: '07 PT - Rough Idle, rough acceleration, and shuts off if it idles for too long

Most of those suggestions have already been tried and apparently not working. It doesn't really matter now. The car is completely dead now. I've given up on the car.
Old 09 Aug 2013, 07:50 am
Veteran Cruiser

did you go to hawk or midway dodge? plan on selling it? how is the body? how many miles?