Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2005 non turbo idle problems worse now- done everything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Aug 2013, 08:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2005 non turbo idle problems worse now- done everything

2005 2.4 non turbo. Have already read many posts regarding this problem and done many things. Here is what the summary is. Codes 0304 and 0522, which are misfire on cyl 4, and oil sensor.

Here is what has been done so far because of threads I have already ready.

New Plugs (Bosch Platinum)
New Plug Wires (Bosch)
Crank Sensor
Oil Sensor
PCV Valve
IAC
New top and bottom intake manifold gaskets
Air Filter
Cleaned Throttle Body

Checked all hoses and connections air and electrical. Pulled PCV hose, which was a suggestion, and idle smoothed out. The suggestion was that it was the IAC, so installed a new one. Compression good. Still idling poorly. I did the hose/ear check to see if I could here air leaks. I did not hear any, however I did hear what sounded like spark from cylinder 4. Is it possible to have a coil outputting too much and sparking to a cylinder wall instead of through the spark plug? Weird thought, but it sounds like I can actually hear the spark, and cannot in other cylinders. I checked the coil for spark on all 4 outputs and it looked OK. Any thoughts, I am at the end of my rope. After all of this it seems that the idle is worse. It was idling around 700 to 800 RPMs (rough), but now seems to drop almost to 500 and kill when idling. Please help!

M&M
Old 08 Aug 2013, 06:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2005 non turbo idle problems worse now- done everything

You shouldn't hear the spark. Concentrate on that. At night, or inside the garage with everything closed (don't suffocate yourself) open the hood and run the engine. Look closely around cylinder four to see if you can see the spark. Sounds like it's jumping from the plug/wire to the cylinder but check everywhere.

Welcome to the forum.

Tags
iac, idle