Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Where can I get new upper intake bolts?

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Aug 2013, 07:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Where can I get new upper intake bolts?

Hi,

I've had my 2006 PT Cruiser wagon (base model, manual, 2.4L, no A/C) for about a year now... and have been lurking around here for about that amount of time.

I was recently doing some service where I removed the intake and lifted it out of the way.

When I put the intake back on and torqued up the bolts, one of them broke (%^$@#@#%!!!) on me before I even exceeded 10LBs of torque.

Getting the bottom part of the bolt out doesn't look like it will be hard since enough of it is sticking up that I should be able to get it out with Vice Grips.

But before I do that, I want to get a set of new bolts.

Problem is... when I search for "PT cruiser Intake Manifold bolts" (or variations of it), I can't find them. Checked Rockauto, Canadian tire, amazon, ebay... Haven't gone to a dealer yet.

Can I only get these at the dealer or does someone here know of an online parts store that has them?

I figure I could also get them from a scrap yard... but I'd rather get new ones since I believe using old bolts increases the chances of having one snap on me again the next time I need to do some kind of service.

Thanks!
Old 16 Aug 2013, 07:34 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Where can I get new upper intake bolts?

Depending where you live, I have had great luck/prices with Lordco. But I am in Canada and the local Chrysler has stupid hours.... Also, so far my bolts have been free, but I am always getting other things.
So, maybe try your local shop and see what happens.

One day I WILL make my PT behave!
Old 16 Aug 2013, 07:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I'd just go to the dealer, or a good auto parts store with an old bolt to match the thread/bolt pattern and strength.

BTW: The bolts call of 105 INCH-pounds for tightness. That's ONLY 8.75 FOOT- pounds. NOT very much. Don't blame the bolts.
Old 16 Aug 2013, 07:48 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Post Re: Where can I get new upper intake bolts?

Your looking for a Hex Flange Head Bolt (M8X1.25X43.0).. BOLT, SCREW. Intake Manifold To Cylinder Head, Mounting. Hex Flange Head. M8X1.25X43.00. 2006 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER # 06506770AA, 06505558AA
Old 16 Aug 2013, 09:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyincctx View Post
I would have loved to have had you around as a parts locator in one of my shops!!! You are good!
randyincctx likes this.
Old 16 Aug 2013, 10:16 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Wink Re: Where can I get new upper intake bolts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
I would have loved to have had you around as a parts locator in one of my shops!!! You are good!
I actually enjoyed my time working for the local Toyota/BWM,and then Mitsubishi dealerships....Of course,back then we still used those @#*$ microfiche!.....
Old 17 Aug 2013, 08:28 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
YES!! That's exactly what I need... only $5 for the parts... $45 for shipping... LOL... I'll keep that site as my Plan B. I'm gonna stop by a dealer and hope they have them and also do some checked using the part numbers provided on that site.

Thank you very much for your help!
Old 17 Aug 2013, 08:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

Did some more searching... found this place here:
SCREW. Intake Manifold Attaching, Mounting. Hex Flange Head. M8x1.25x32. CHRYSLER PACIFICA # 06504171, 06101321, 06503834

Same part... half the cost, half the shipping charge.
Old 17 Aug 2013, 03:58 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Question Re: Where can I get new upper intake bolts?

If you have an auto parts store nearby you can find them alot cheaper,and NO shipping charges;Just tell them the specs: 'Hex Flange Head Bolt (M8X1.25X43.0)'....They'll hook you up!(Heck,I've even had my local NAPA give me a bolt or nut for FREE!.....Question: "How much do I owe you?" Answer: "Aww,don't worry about it.")

Last edited by randyincctx; 17 Aug 2013 at 04:04 pm. Reason: Additional Info.
Old 18 Aug 2013, 04:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
If you have an auto parts store nearby you can find them alot cheaper,and NO shipping charges;Just tell them the specs: 'Hex Flange Head Bolt (M8X1.25X43.0)'....They'll hook you up!(Heck,I've even had my local NAPA give me a bolt or nut for FREE!.....Question: "How much do I owe you?" Answer: "Aww,don't worry about it.")
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind for the future!

Tags
bolts, intake