Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
06 ECT sensor location...??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Aug 2013, 04:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 06 ECT sensor location...??

Already searched and found the pics for 05 and earlier, and one thread said it's pointing at the motor and not the radiator, but I cannot locate it... would appreciate any more clues.

Did the fan motor test and verified fan is good on both speeds, but in testing the motor side of the harness, there's no signal present to energize the relays, either by running the A/C or after reaching full warm-up. Leads me to believe it's either the brain or the ECT sensor, figured the sensor was a little cheaper to replace for my next move.

Meanwhile I'll keep searching, thanks for any input...
Old 17 Aug 2013, 04:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: 06 ECT sensor location...??

Figgered all it would take to find it was to post a question and then keep looking.... it points away from motor, toward passenger fender and it looks extra fun to access and remove...

I'll post an update, but anyone who's done this on a post 05 cruzer, feel free to advise...
Old 17 Aug 2013, 05:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

It on the lower thermostat housing. Either pointing towards the radiator or towards the right tire. Check the temp reading through the diagnostic port and use a laser thermometer to see if the pcm is seeing the right temp.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 17 Aug 2013, 05:06 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Post Re: 06 ECT sensor location...??

This shows 2006-2007 Turbo & Non-Turbo PT Cruiser ECT location: | Repair Guides | Coolant Temperature Sensor | Removal & Installation | AutoZone.com
Old 17 Aug 2013, 05:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

thanks, any clue what the threshold temp is for activating the high speed fan...??
Old 17 Aug 2013, 05:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

thanks again, saw the autozone pic during the search but it's really not much help when the instructions say "remove the sensor.... install the sensor"... was wondering if the both halves of the thermostat housing need to be removed, or if there is something else that needs to be outa the way to get a wrench on the sensor without having to remove the lower stat housing...

appreciate the input...
Old 17 Aug 2013, 05:23 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: 06 ECT sensor location...??

LOL....No,if we all hand little hands & fingers it'd really be easier....Other than getting to it,and doing the R/R;Don't forget to wrap the threads of the new one with some teflon tape.(Also,no torque specs...Just tighten securely,I'd measure the exposed threads of the original & just duplicate it.)

Last edited by randyincctx; 17 Aug 2013 at 05:26 pm.
Old 17 Aug 2013, 05:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Wondering if the ECT sensor would even have anything to do with high speed fan operation, as it's supposed to come on whenever the A/C compressor is running...???

I can understand the low speed fan depending on temp, so if neither fan is operating I'm thinking it could be pointing more at the PCM....

Once again, no signal to the energizer wiring going to the relays, with both the A/C on and the engine at operating temp....

thanks for any input.
Old 08 Sep 2013, 12:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

Question Re: 06 ECT sensor location...??

I have a 2006 touring that lost both fans/ AC about two weeks ago, your history sounds quite identical... Good voltage and fuses, had fan and relays replaced by mechanic diagnosis, fans still inop, runs without getting hot on my 15 mile commute so far. Any progress with the ECT?
Old 08 Sep 2013, 01:21 am
Banned

Hi welcome to the forum MikeLips!

How are you?

Where have you been?

What drew you to the pt cruiser?

Are you getting the 'thumbs up' from other drivers?

Are you in any local clubs?

Have you made any modifications?

Post some pics of your pt cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLips View Post
I have a 2006 touring that lost both fans/ AC about two weeks ago, your history sounds quite identical... Good voltage and fuses, had fan and relays replaced by mechanic diagnosis, fans still inop, runs without getting hot on my 15 mile commute so far. Any progress with the ECT?