Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Emergency Help - 0344 has me stranded!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Aug 2013, 03:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Emergency Help - 0344 has me stranded!

Hey guys, I really need help. I drive a 2005 pt cruiser. I've put a lot of miles on this, due to my job. Some background: I had my camshaft sensor replaced with an aftermarket part two months ago. This fixed the horrible 0344 code and limp-home mode for two months. Lost my job and started heading west across the U.S. to be with family. In Ohio, the exact same code came up. Had both the camshaft and crank sensor replaced with Chrysler parts. Worked like a charm for two days.

Now I'm in Kansas, and I'm having the same exact problem. I've spent almost all my available cash getting this PT Cruiser fixed, and I've spent two days trying to figure out from this forum what could be wrong. I don't know anyone who lives anywhere nearby, so until I get this fixed, I have no place to stay and no job. Here's what I've done so far:

1. Replaced camshaft
2. Replaced crank shaft
3. Erased codes (removed negative from battery, *and* had auto parts store erase the codes)
4. Taped up *all* wiring (nothing was exposed, but I taped everything and made sure it never touches anything vital)

From reading the forums, it looks like the only possible solutions left are:

1. Get computer reflashed
2. Get timing belt examined

Are there any other solutions that I haven't explored yet? I'm absolutely at my wit's end.
Old 22 Aug 2013, 03:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Emergency Help - 0344 has me stranded!

There is a magnet pickup on the camshaft that can go bad. Will it run at all?. If so pull batterycable . And unplug the ccomputer connectors as well as the sensors. Maybe this will get you going again. If no start . Remove the cam sensor turn the key see if the black magnet turns, if so belt is still on.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com

Tags
0344, camshaft position sensor, camshaft sensor, pt cruiser 2005