Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2007 horn wiring diagram

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Aug 2013, 01:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2007 horn wiring diagram

Got A air bag light and the horn don't work. Changed the Clockspring($250.00 at the dealer) and still don't have a horn and the airbag light is still on. I'm looking for a wiring diagram for the horn circuit .Any help would be great.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 02:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2007 horn wiring diagram

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonalen View Post
Got A air bag light and the horn don't work. Changed the Clockspring($250.00 at the dealer) and still don't have a horn and the airbag light is still on. I'm looking for a wiring diagram for the horn circuit .Any help would be great.

While I do not have a wiring diagram for your specific model PT Cruiser I suggest that you have a certified auto electric technician work on your issue? The system which you will find it to be the newer CAN bus communication system is in no way a user friendly system for un-experienced DIYrs like older model OBDII and you could actually cause some issues in the PCM if you are not careful.

Naturally checking for simple function of relay,fuses or looking for detached wires is not in the same reference.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 02:30 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Question Re: 2007 horn wiring diagram

Since you mentioned the horn not working,and you've replaced the clock-spring;Have you (or anyone) taken a look at the gounding point for the steering column.(see photos)......May not be the same,because the problem this was posted for was concerning the horn & radio working intermittently on Gen-1 PT(Non-Canbus system)....Since the SRS/Airbag is involved,I would definately take Nitro's advice on that for sure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensenpro View Post
i'm a mechanic in ny ,have just dealt with pt radio/horn problem ,it's nothing to do with any parts or wiring harness issues,it's a riveted connection between dash bracket and steering column support if you jump with a wire between brkt and support with key on your radio will light up,jump a 12ga stranded wire between the fwd support stud and rearward support bracket half's(stud towards rear of car is fully insulated from brkt),i,m going to try to attach pix,this will fix solve the mystery
Attachment 8732

Attachment 8733

Attachment 8734