Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2007 2.4 non turbo fan problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Aug 2013, 01:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2007 2.4 non turbo fan problems

fan and relays check out, both same part number,#86 gray wire turn to blue/green low speed blue/red high speed enter bottom of power distribution box L green plug, with ign. off test light to ground plug removed both fan runs both speeds, ground all good, this box has the 50 amp fuse, temp sensor had to such out power steering reservior with turkey baster remove hose move to side to get to it, just don't know if the 2 relays in the box are getting the signal from the ac switch inside the car, anybody have a wiring diagram or run into this problem, don't have power to low pressure ac switch please help wifes car can't afford another divorce
Old 24 Aug 2013, 04:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2007 2.4 non turbo fan problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by deespt View Post
fan and relays check out, both same part number,#86 gray wire turn to blue/green low speed blue/red high speed enter bottom of power distribution box L green plug, with ign. off test light to ground plug removed both fan runs both speeds, ground all good, this box has the 50 amp fuse, temp sensor had to such out power steering reservior with turkey baster remove hose move to side to get to it, just don't know if the 2 relays in the box are getting the signal from the ac switch inside the car, anybody have a wiring diagram or run into this problem, don't have power to low pressure ac switch please help wifes car can't afford another divorce
If you don't get any takers on this. Try sending a message to the guy. He is good with electricals and diagrams. sanatanadharma, He is a member here also.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 24 Aug 2013, 06:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

thanks for your help, sent message, don't know if it went through, pretty sure I'm losing box lost power to ac low pressure switch, #23, eng asd relay feed 3, #25 mirror heat, #26 eng asd relay feed 2, autozone wants 550 for it could have got one for 50 at yard but was already gone.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 06:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by deespt View Post
thanks for your help, sent message, don't know if it went through, pretty sure I'm losing box lost power to ac low pressure switch, #23, eng asd relay feed 3, #25 mirror heat, #26 eng asd relay feed 2, autozone wants 550 for it could have got one for 50 at yard but was already gone.
Are you talking pcm box. If so, you can't get it at the yard. has to be programmed to you vin#. You can get it on line, refurbished. Depending on your year. Around 129 to 169 dollars. Free shipping both ways.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 25 Aug 2013, 07:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

from what I see here it's called a tipm box, one that has fuses and relays that run the relays on the fan does the pcm control signals to the tipm box, have a reader does not show any codes, if I pull the wires off temp sensor i do get a code put them back on and cleared, still no power to ac low pressure switch, no power to eng asd relay feed 2 & 3 & heated mirror, where are you getting the cheaper parts, hope you will understand I'm not very good with the computer, old school, drive an old van myself and a 1950 ford club coupe, I do thank you so much for your help,
Old 25 Aug 2013, 07:54 am
Senior Cruiser

I am a little confused so to clarify you do know that the fan relays are mounted on the fan shroud right? They are not located in the TIPM.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 12:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

i only have a diagram that covers ac controls and fan relays, shows high and low relays in tipm fuse box 50 amp fuse and has 2 relays on fan, took tipm box apart did find a bug in it, don't think relays in tipm box are working, would start and run before, now not getting power to eng asd relays #2 & #3 & heated mirror now car won't run, must be asd, any way to reset? 3 times ign shows nothing, reader shows nothing
Old 26 Aug 2013, 02:14 am
Senior Cruiser

Dee; Reguarding the 4 prong connector by your radiator. The wiring diagram for a 2006 shows: the 'power wire' starts at the battery pos. [goes to] --- tipm --- 50 amp fuse --- radiator fan connector --- fan power module [Chrysler speak for relays]. This is the heavy [red?] wire. The heavy black wire goes to ground. This wire is also important.

The 'signal' wires that energize the fan relays are the small wires. I don't know if they are grounding the fan relay coils or powering the fan relay coils. The 'signal' wires start at the battery [go to] --- tipm --- pcm --- crank sensor --- pcm --- tipm --- radiator fan connector --- fan power module.

My 2006 has 2 fan connectors!!!! --- There are no fan relays in the tipm.

Note: the A/C also controls the fan through the pcm and the tipm.

Does any of this put your mind at ease?

Last edited by pt06; 27 Aug 2013 at 03:07 am. Reason: added: [goes to] and [speak]
Old 26 Aug 2013, 05:42 am
Senior Cruiser

I have no idea what wiring diagram you are using but the fan relays are not in the TIPM. They are on the fan shroud. If you are looking at the engine they are on your left mounted on the shroud.

They are part of the fan assembly and when you purchase a new fan it comes with new relays.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 11:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

have new tipm coming thursday,i know the relays are on the fan, they check out, fan replaced a year ago, know fan works, have power to relays, understand tipm does not have relays my diagram states it has ac clutch control output that contains low and high speed rad control and ac clutch control these must signal to the fan mounted relays, I know I'm losing the tipm no power to fuse #23 eng ads relay feed #25 mirror heat and # 26 eng ads relay feed 2, have checked all ground with ohm meter no problem there, can only hope there is no damage to the pcm, I thank all who responded here a lot of useful information, I'll let every one here know end result, thank you all