Advertisements
easy question for y'all

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Busted_PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Aug 2013, 12:25 pm
Young Cruiser

Default easy question for y'all

On pt cruisers, is the oil pressure light supposed to come on when the ignition is turned to the "on" position and then go off after the engine is started, like every other vehicle, I know the light is supposed to come on if there is a fault but mine never illuminates and I am throwing a code for it is this just some weird Chrysler thing that it doesn't come on?
Old 25 Aug 2013, 01:35 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: easy question for y'all

Mine is on anytime the key is in the run position and the engine is off
Old 25 Aug 2013, 02:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedlsxsyclone View Post
On pt cruisers, is the oil pressure light supposed to come on when the ignition is turned to the "on" position and then go off after the engine is started, like every other vehicle, I know the light is supposed to come on if there is a fault but mine never illuminates and I am throwing a code for it is this just some weird Chrysler thing that it doesn't come on?
Replace the sensor. Then pull the speedo and fix the light that someone put out.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 25 Aug 2013, 02:55 pm
Young Cruiser

I've already had the cluster out because the two bulbs on the left side of the cluster were burnt out, after I replaced them the gauges lit up other than the speedo between 50-70mph area is still dark, the trunk light (which is right next to the oil light) illuminates, I didn't see a specific bulb for the oil light. There is a little silver round thing above right about where the oil light would be but I don't think it is removeable. I'm wondering if its just a bad spot in the cluster, since I'm throwing a code for an ops unit then the light should stay on.

Last edited by boostedlsxsyclone; 25 Aug 2013 at 03:00 pm.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 07:34 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Post Re: easy question for y'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedlsxsyclone View Post
I didn't see a specific bulb for the oil light. There is a little silver round thing above right about where the oil light would be but I don't think it is removeable.
I believe that is an LED soldered to the circuitboard,that probably would require taking the entire cluster apart,and possibly doing some surgical soldering to replace......Most of the factory LEDs in the cluster show a 10,000-15,000 hour life.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 07:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyincctx View Post
I believe that is an LED soldered to the circuitboard,that probably would require taking the entire cluster apart,and possibly doing some surgical soldering to replace......Most of the factory LEDs in the cluster show a 10,000-15,000 hour life.
Not if someone clipped it to put it out. Thinking it had no oil pressure. Rather than replacing the sensor first. Hard to sell one with oil light on.
randyincctx likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 25 Aug 2013, 08:03 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: easy question for y'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Not if someone clipped it to put it out. Thinking it had no oil pressure. Rather than replacing the sensor first. Hard to sell one with oil light on.
That does make alot of sense........Putting a piece of electrical tape (like I did for awhile with my O2 sensor on my old Toyota!lol) would just make someone say: "Why is there a piece of electrical tape on the gauge cluster???"