Fuel leak and new to PT Cruiser

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By RedsCruiser
  • 1 Post By RedsCruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Aug 2013, 07:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Fuel leak and new to PT Cruiser

New to the forum and just bought a used PT Cruiser. 2006 base model with 4 cyl/auto trans. It had a fuel leak at where the fuel line that crosses the motor and joins the fuel supply line at the firewall. A new line did not fix this problem. The one replaced was the one that goes from the fuel rail to the firewall. We still have a small leak. Anyone know how to fix this. Can I just cut the end off and splice with fuel line and clamps?
Old 31 Aug 2013, 07:56 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Fuel leak and new to PT Cruiser

I *Think* there's nothing there except the metal fuel line and a crimp- I'm not sure how it could be leaking.
Is the line on all the way? Did the innards come apart by chance?
Crack? That little accumulator bad from the factory?
Old 15 Oct 2013, 11:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I'm running into this very same thing now. Have no clue what the part is called so unable to find one, ours is leaking pretty bad...

Tried napa...oreilly...autozone nada...

Edit - Uptown you posted one that i found off of google, but sadly unable to find the part anywhere :/

Fuel Line Leaks- Look at your PT

Last edited by Drakkun; 16 Oct 2013 at 12:18 am.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 01:34 am
Senior Cruiser

Drak; try the parts manual from this site. --- Group 14 - page 255
Old 18 Oct 2013, 09:31 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thank ya PT!

Part is the Fuel Rail to Chassis Supply Line, now....to find one
Old 05 Mar 2014, 10:41 am
Fresh Cruiser

It is part # 1-05085555AC and called a "Tube, Fuel Supply". I bought one last week and that is the latest # for it. They range from $35 to $50 depending on the dealer and parts mans mood. List is $48.80. This a dealer only part. Make sure the metal supply line on the firewall is clean and not deformed or have any rough edges. Use a drop of motor oil on the metal line to let the dry ring slip on easier. You run the risk of cutting or nicking the o ring when dry. And purchase a new clip that holds it in place. Make sure you line them up straight or you run the risk of damaging the inner o ring also. Not trying to be a wise ass but I have done several of these for other Cruiser owners who didn't take the time to check everything. Mine just went out on my 2005 at 82,000 miles. Good luck

Last edited by RedsCruiser; 07 Mar 2014 at 04:55 pm. Reason: Wrong Part # and updated price
Old 05 Mar 2014, 10:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsCruiser View Post
It is part #05085033AB and called a "Tube, Fuel Supply". I bought one last week and that is the latest # for it. They range from $35 to $50 depending on the dealer and parts mans mood. This a dealer only part. Make sure the metal supply line on the firewall is clean and not deformed or have any rough edges. Use a drop of motor oil on the metal line to let the dry ring slip on easier. You run the risk of cutting or nicking the o ring when dry. And purchase a new clip that holds it in place. Make sure you line them up straight or you run the risk of damaging the inner o ring also. Not trying to be a wise ass but I have done several of these for other Cruiser owners who didn't take the time to check everything. Mine just went out on my 2005 at 82,000 miles. Good luck
All good info there.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 05 May 2014, 08:14 am
Fresh Cruiser

This is RedsCruiser with a fuel line update. I recently replaced the fuel line that I had discussed earlier and now on a different Cruiser and have found a new/old problem. Replaced line as usual but it still leaked at firewall steel line to flex line. Found the rubber coating that is over the steel line from the tank was coming apart. I Carefully cut the rubber coating back to just past were the O ring would be. Found an O ring at a local parts house that fit the new fuel tail line and was large enough to fit snugly over bare steal line. Has stopped leak and was much easier than replacing entire fuel tank to firewall line. Don't forget to lube O ring. Hope this helps.
pmhuff likes this.

Last edited by RedsCruiser; 05 May 2014 at 08:16 am.
Old 05 May 2014, 08:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsCruiser View Post
was much easier than replacing entire fuel tank to firewall line. Hope this helps.
AND cheaper! Good job.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 05 May 2014, 12:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks quicksilverdon for the thumbs up. Should I have put this in anther forum category like mechanical or fuel problems? Not sure if it will get much exposure here and it seems to be a popular problem. Or un popular