Replaced cat,Now p00037 code appears

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By cruserdad1976
  • 2 Post By pt06

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Sep 2013, 10:13 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Replaced cat,Now p00037 code appears

Hi guys I need help, I replaced my catalytic converter and the downstream 02 sensor at the same time cause the old cat was clogged and I had no power. I reset the computer before I started it up for the first time with the new cat and 02 sensor and the check engine light came on and the code p00037 came up,any suggestions would be very helpful Thanks.
Old 04 Sep 2013, 12:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Replaced cat,Now p00037 code appears

What did you use to clear the codes?
To correctly and cleanly clear any engine code(s) you must enter the Diagnostic port with a proper scanning tool and clear the pending codes as well as actually set codes. Anything less is an incomplete step in clearing and canceling the RAM and pending codes in the ECU/PCM.

You can first try to reset the ECU/PCM codes as above. If the codes continues or re appears then it may be a defective or installed damage 02 sensor or harness?

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 04 Sep 2013, 12:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hi Nitro,I erased the code by disconnecting the battery,I thought that would do it,can you explain to me another way cause I dont have any special tool (code reader) to get the job done.Thank You.
Old 04 Sep 2013, 01:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedman14 View Post
Hi Nitro,I erased the code by disconnecting the battery,I thought that would do it,can you explain to me another way cause I dont have any special tool (code reader) to get the job done.Thank You.
The key dance that many use as well power discounted will not clear the ECU/PCM properly and any codes pending will appear after they have cycled through.

There is no other proper way to clear ECU/PCM codes with out good scan tool. You may see if there is a local auto parts store that may offer to check/clear codes. Some of them actually use good scan tools?

If not then the least good investment for future issue as well as you current one would be to get a Ultra Gauge.

UltraGauge OBDII Scan tool & Information Center

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 04 Sep 2013, 03:20 pm
Veteran Cruiser

autozone is not supposed to clear codes for people anymore. they will scan for codes, but they are not supposed to clear them. sometimes they use company policy as an excuse, saying if your car blows up they could be held liable. other times they will tell you that it is against the law and blame your states epa testing as the reason. whatever the reason, they usually will not clear your codes if you ask, or at least they aren't supposed to do it(anymore).

instead, have them check for codes. if they find any, ask politely for them to clear them. if they won't do it, ask if you can press the button to do it.

remember though, ask them to check the codes, not to clear them. only after they find a code should you be persistent about clearing it, otherwise they will just say no and they won't even come outside.
Old 04 Sep 2013, 03:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Orileys will clear codes or at least the one by me does and /Or they will let you use the scanner and you can clear them your self
rob342 likes this.
Old 05 Sep 2013, 03:50 am
Senior Cruiser

seed; p-0037 means that the rear sensor isn't getting power to the sensor heater. Check the wiring and connectors.

Disconnecting the battery terminal shuts off the light on the dash [MIL] and the light will remain off unless it gets another fault signal. The fault code still remains in the computer until the car completes a certain number of 'good trips' and then the code goes away. [or does it?].
Old 05 Sep 2013, 07:37 am
Banned

I thought when your cat fails you are suppose to find out what caused it to fail or it will happen again?
Old 08 Sep 2013, 05:11 am
Senior Cruiser

I thought my cat failed, but my neighbor came over with a box of kittens. I dropped them off at the Wang Lo restaurant. I heard they are animal lovers.
scoutdad and zamfir2 like this.