PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Replaced PCM Old Problems Fixed - New Problems Arise!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Oct 2013, 11:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Replaced PCM Old Problems Fixed - New Problems Arise!!

Ok, so I've had a number of issues with my 2005 Touring and after replacing both speed sensors and the trans solenoid, I replaced the PCM, which took care of the bus error messages I was getting.

After about 3 days of driving perfect, I started getting the old P0700 error again, and now a P0500 (speed sensor circuit error). So, car is stuck in limp mode AGAIN, and now the speedometer and odometer don't work. Did a continuity check of all the speed sensor wires from the the speed sensor up to the PCM and they all check out fine.

Is this a problem with the refurb PCM I bought? I purchased it online and fear I may be out of the $300 I paid for it (not sure if they'll take it back or replace it). Can I take it to a local mechanic and have them "flash" the PCM to fix it?

I'm in grad school right now and REALLY need this car to work for another 2 years until I finish. Any advice on how to fix this fast and cheap woudl be great!!!
Old 12 Oct 2013, 12:19 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Replaced PCM Old Problems Fixed - New Problems Arise!!

I bought a rebuilt PCM online and it lasted two weeks. Got various tranny codes and it went in limp mode. I replaced the solenoid pack thinking the rebuilt PCM could not be the problem. $100 mistake. Turned out to be the PCM. The PCM had a "lifetime" warranty and they replaced it. All has been fine since. Maybe you just have a sensor problem.
Old 12 Oct 2013, 08:14 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy69 View Post
I bought a rebuilt PCM online and it lasted two weeks. Got various tranny codes and it went in limp mode. I replaced the solenoid pack thinking the rebuilt PCM could not be the problem. $100 mistake. Turned out to be the PCM. The PCM had a "lifetime" warranty and they replaced it. All has been fine since. Maybe you just have a sensor problem.
I did a pcm replacement and had no issues at all. Fixed my problems and all is good. did you get the sensors in the correct places if they are different?. IDK.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 12 Oct 2013, 08:40 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
I did a pcm replacement and had no issues at all. Fixed my problems and all is good. did you get the sensors in the correct places if they are different?. IDK.
Never had any sensor problems before replacing the PCM. I'll try to see if the place I bought the PCM from will replace it for me. I'll keep y'all posted. I've had issues with the company returning my emails, so I don't hold out much hope.
Old 12 Oct 2013, 08:49 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by adstatus View Post
Never had any sensor problems before replacing the PCM. I'll try to see if the place I bought the PCM from will replace it for me. I'll keep y'all posted. I've had issues with the company returning my emails, so I don't hold out much hope.
Check to see if they have a 800 number. Just about always faster that way. Some of these companys are big and get tons of emails and one person to deal with them.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com