PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Possessed Vehicle - Video link to see it live!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Nov 2013, 08:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Exclamation Possessed Vehicle - Video link to see it live!

So I have a 2009 PT Cruiser. The link is to a video of my vehicle doing it's thing...acting possessed, which I had posted on my facebook page.

ANYONE who have ANY IDEAS of what is WRONG with my car would be GREATLY appreciated.

Yes, I have taken it to the shop...but of course it doesn't want to do it for them, which is why I got it on video so they wouldn't think I was crazy. They can't figure it out even by watching the video...this is a CHRYSLER dealership I am taking it to. Three times they said they "fixed" it....but it's STILL happening. They've replaced the battery, checked all the connections & fuses, and even replaced the dash....to no avail.

WHAT is going on??

FYI....this video was taking WHILE I AM DRIVING....and when the gauges drop like I just turned my car off that means the engine kicked off & I'm simply coasting....but then it KICKS back on. SOMETIMES it doesn't, and I'll lose power steering...when that happens I know it won't come back on. I have to pull over, turn it off...wait a minute then turn it back on. It's getting very frustrating and even dangerous as this has happened to me while I was on a major highway TWICE now.

I just want it fixed....I LOVE MY CRUISER!! I just don't like the possession! UGH!

C:\Users\musta_000\Desktop\CruiserVideo.htm

If the link doesn't work PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me HOW to post a video as the video speaks VOLUMES without me having to explain.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 09:02 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Post Re: Possessed Vehicle - Video link to see it live!

Yeah,that didn't work......That's the location on YOUR computer H/D,which none of us have access to(I don't think?lol).
But,it sounds similar to this video:

Supposedly the problem was a shorted wire;One that links the PCM with the TCM.......Sadly,the battery charging circuit/regulator is part of the PCM.
See: http://www.justanswer.com/chrysler/6...eed-leads.html

Last edited by randyincctx; 21 Nov 2013 at 09:06 pm.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 09:07 pm
Banned

Default Re: Possessed Vehicle - Video link to see it live!

Hi welcome to the forum

I didn't see that you posted in the new members area?

Do you have any pictures if your pt

What mods have you done

Have you joined any pt clubs?
randyincctx likes this.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 09:14 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Nope, mine happens after I have started the car. And always random...while parked or while driving. The gauges literally go haywire...and sometimes kicks the engine off. Sometimes it just shuts down for a moment...while I'm driving...so I'll coast & then it'll come back on.

The video helps me explain it better....it's just too crazy.

I will get the video link from my email (it's a video I took with my cellphone)
Old 21 Nov 2013, 09:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I would check the ground splice on the right front inner fender. Take the big dog bone mount off and redo the terminals. A lot of circuits grounded there. I had one causing multiple issues.... fuel gauge, engine light...etc.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 09:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

youtube link....does that work???
Old 21 Nov 2013, 09:39 pm
Banned

Maybe you have the rumored hybrid version, it had a lot of electrical issues so it was scrapped. Where did you buy this vehicle?
Old 21 Nov 2013, 09:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Re: Possessed Vehicle - Video link to see it live!

not a hybrid....I bought it from a dealership (that has since moved)...was apparently a rental prior to me purchasing it...hence the mileage.

It's not a touring version either....just a regular 'ole PT Cruiser.

The issue didn't start until last year. It's been a WONDERFUL vehicle up to that point.

The issue is ALWAYS random....it's not like I hit a bump & it starts going crazy....it's ANYTIME, bump or NO bump.

The crazy thing is that everything ELSE electrical in the car stays on through it all. The radio, lights, a/c or heat....they all stay on when it goes crazy. It's just the engine doesn't always.

The Chrysler dealership I have taken it to just shrug their shoulders at me every time I bring it in.

I LOVE my car....I just can't keep having this issue....obviously.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 09:55 pm
Banned

Maybe you are shuffling your feet when you walk and when you get in your cruiser you are causing an electrical charge which is making your pt seem possessed.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 02:03 am
Veteran Cruiser

Question Re: Possessed Vehicle - Video link to see it live!

Have you had a chance to show that video to the dealer service manager and/or technician,yet?......That's some weird stuff,even for a Gen-2 PT!