Advertisements
vaccum stuff.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dirty05

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Nov 2013, 08:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default vaccum stuff.

Hey, everyone. Long time lurker first time post. I've found great info and haddnt needed to post in the 2 years I've had my baby. Anyway just did a head gasket and timing belt. I'm completely assembled.... Except the stupid vacuum garbage. My question is 2005 pt turbo drop the vac connection on the cold intake tube BEFORE the ait sensor. And the vac mani next to the cruise wcontrol I can't find where the number one line goes. Any help?? If I took the time to learn I could post pics. I'm sure someones going to be able to help. Lots of good info here just not mi h on the vac system. Even at the dealer they couldn't tell me.... Uber frustrating.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 04:54 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Post Re: vaccum stuff.

Did you look in the front on top of the radiator support?
A full line vacuum diagram is usually pasted right there on a white sticker...Color coded??? All vacuum lines are shown in BLACK.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 07:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: vaccum stuff.

Yeah, those are no help at all locations are all out of order.... Like the intercooler is on the front of mine. The diagram shows in the rear. I've always had issues reading those. When I run into issues at the shop I just look at a like car. But since I work for Hyundai.... Not too many turbo cruisers around. I've got it fixed now, and will try to develop a vacuum diagram for dummys like me. Photos of what line runs where and connects to what just as a quick reference guide. Thanks for the reply though.
randyincctx likes this.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 01:19 am
Veteran Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: vaccum stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty05 View Post
I've got it fixed now, and will try to develop a vacuum diagram for dummys like me. Photos of what line runs where and connects to what just as a quick reference guide. Thanks for the reply though.
Glad you found where it went....If you do make a better vacuum diagram,post it on here,and anyone else that has the same,or similar issue might have an easier time.....I searched the forum,and found alot of responses to 'vacuum issues',but the only diagrams are those on the under-hood sticker.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 01:45 am
Fresh Cruiser

Yessir. I work crazy hours so ill start on it this weekend. I'll try for both types but the n/a might take me a while ill have to search the junk yard for an intact one. But like I said I went to the dealer parts department no help, I talked my way into the real molar book... No help, the Chilton book... No help the internet wasn't any help.... So I'm going to help...
Old 25 Nov 2013, 07:44 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Found this on the Dodge/Chrysler Turbo forum.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 02:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Yeah I have that on my upper rad support the only issue is the diagram has no real world use to me and I'm sure there are others. To me it looks like a subawho or a speed three with the intercooler in the middle, map sensor located on the bumper with the intake mani. Later this week I'm going to male a real world guide easy to look at guide that's the only thing that I was missing through the entire head job. Searching though all of the cruiser sites nothing exists that helped, I just started plugging stuff in here and then there. Eventually she smoothed out so I'm guessing its right or at least close enough.