PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Dream Cruiser problems......:help:

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Dec 2013, 10:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Dream Cruiser problems......:help:

I got my dad's Dream Cruiser after he past away, I have a headlight problem, the low beams, high beams nor parking lights work but I have turn signals....I checked the fuses and they are ok, checked the voltage to the fuses and no power.....I know I need to check the relay...but is there anything else that would cause the those not to work?
Old 04 Dec 2013, 11:04 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Dream Cruiser problems......:help:

head light switch in the column. I'd bet thats the problem.

FEBRUARY CRUISER OF THE MONTH
Old 05 Dec 2013, 12:05 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCruiser44 View Post
I got my dad's Dream Cruiser after he past away, I have a headlight problem, the low beams, high beams nor parking lights work but I have turn signals....I checked the fuses and they are ok, checked the voltage to the fuses and no power.....I know I need to check the relay...but is there anything else that would cause the those not to work?
Have you checked fuse #10 (40 amp) in the under-hood PDC (power distribution center)? It protects all of the circuits that you say have failed.
sanatanadharma when you are no longer posting in stealth mode and make the availability for PMs then welcome , join and participate on this forum as a supporting member. Until then your responses in most threads will be temporarily removed.
Old 05 Dec 2013, 12:34 am
Veteran Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: Dream Cruiser problems......:help:

You didn't mention what year the PT is,but more than likely it'll turn out to be a faulty 'Multifunction Switch'(MFS);Here are 3 threads that may help you to rebuild/repair/or replace the MFS:
How to Repair the Multifunction Switch w/ Pictures (Fog Lights)
MF switched repair
The "Handy" Aluminum Can Mod To Fix Fog Lights.
Old 05 Dec 2013, 09:55 am
Fresh Cruiser

Its a 2002 Gold Dream Cruiser
Old 05 Dec 2013, 10:40 am
Fresh Cruiser

The 40A fuse is fine no power (0.00V) going to that point either
Old 05 Dec 2013, 11:50 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I would pull the covers on the column and check for power in and out of the switch. Unless sanatanadharma has a better approach. The main plug gives some problems there also.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 05 Dec 2013, 12:09 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Are all bulbs good?

A 6 gauge (thick) red wire goes from the battery to the PDC, where it is attached with two bolts/nuts. If it is a problem, many circuits would be affected. It provides 12 v to the PDC. Internal splices distribute the power through the PDC to the various fuses. If there is no power to the #10 fuse, then the PDC must be bad (or harness wiring between the PDC and MFS).

Have you checked for voltage on both sides of the fuses? Check fuses #1, 2, & 3 (dash fuse block) for voltage. If all are powerless, it is back to the PDC or associated wiring. (BTW, fuse #3 is for RKE light functions)

Entire system, Low beams:
battery, fuse #10 in PDC, fuse #1 (dash), MFS, dash fuses #19 (right) & 20 (left), low beams, ground

Entire system, High beams:
battery, fuse #10 in PDC, fuse #1 (dash), MFS, headlight relay (dash), fuse #16/17 (PDC), high beams, ground

Entire system, Tail lights and Parking lights:
battery, fuse #10 in PDC, fuse #2 (dash), MFS, lights, grounds

Quote:
sanatanadharma when you are no longer posting in stealth mode and make the availability for PMs then welcome , join and participate on this forum as a supporting member. Until then your responses in most threads will be temporarily removed.
Old 05 Dec 2013, 12:56 pm
Veteran Cruiser

you might also look at the big connector behind the fuse box. check it for melting, and also for incorrect repairs. look here first, as it's pretty easy/obvious if you see melted stuff

it is a big connector mounted to a metal clip right next to the OBD port under the dash. these melt and are a known problem. mine was incorrectly repaired and the repair failed.

when it failed i had no headlights, highbeams, or taillights.
turn signals were still fine. sound familiar?

pic of connector: can't see the road!

---on another note--
Quote:
did you check this with a multimeter going from the negative battery terminal to the fuse box fuse receptacle? only asking because when i was busy freaking out about mine, i accidentally checked for voltage between the two fuse blades instead of from the ground wire to the fuse receptacle, hence it showed no voltage when in fact there was. not saying you DID do it wrong, just saying I did.

Last edited by rob342; 05 Dec 2013 at 03:25 pm.
Old 05 Dec 2013, 09:19 pm
Banned

Quote:
Its a 2002 Gold Dream Cruiser
So it's a gold Series 1, Dream Cruiser, right? What is the significance of the 44 in your site name?

Jerry