06 rad. fan wont run! Pullin hair

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CREWZIN
  • 1 Post By pt06

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Dec 2013, 04:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy 06 rad. fan wont run! Pullin hair

please help..i have a 2006 regular model PT. Inspection is up.Check engine lite came on with P0481(Coolin Fan 2 Control Circuit).Here we go... Has new Thermostat,Just put in new Fan Motor with Shroud,Fuses are good,checked Temp. Send. Unit (ECT) by thermostat looked good,Went to NAPA to buy Hi & Low Cooling Fan Relays and guy switched them and said they werent the problem when run with A/C on.I'm having a heck of a time trying to get the Radiator Fan to work,which i hope will make the check engine lite go off so i can get it inspected.The man at NAPA went to daimler/chrysler site and said "could be your Fan Module Radiator Cooling Plug/Wire?" by Radiator & Tranny.Do i need a Wiring Harness for the Cooling System?I cant get my fan to run and hope its not the Computer.Im stressin bad and hope i dont have another stroke.I also dont have many tools or much knowledge of the electrical stuff.someone PLEASE HELP!!
Old 07 Dec 2013, 12:10 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 06 rad. fan wont run! Pullin hair

Charlie, since your limited in your abilities, best thing for you to do is find someone with a OBDII scanner. Mechanic, friend or dealer. This scanner can go through the whole process of testing both speeds of the fan by checking the computer, relays, fuses and connections.
charlie66 likes this.
Old 07 Dec 2013, 04:42 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: 06 rad. fan wont run! Pullin hair

Charlie; the new PT's are more complex than the older ones. ---- Temp control sensor => computer => tipm => fan module => Fan motor. ---- Other than checking the pin connectors for corrosion or doing a visual inspection on the wiring itself, you will need the help of someone with knowledge of Chrysler's TIPM system.
charlie66 likes this.
Old 07 Dec 2013, 03:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Wink Re: 06 rad. fan wont run! Pullin hair

Thanks Guys!i think im gonna have to take it to a garage somewhere.Good time of year for this.Heres whats funny:my Bro-In-Law has a 2 stall garage with hoist,tons of tools n knowledge.I've helped him rebuild a 40 plymouth hot rodded,made cakes for grandkids/my neices on special occasions,and helped around alot often before.Im not the type of person to ask for anything,unless its very necessary.I guess his next Hot Rod hes doin is more important than Family.Well guys thanks,i gotta stop whining,and go figure something out.I'll try to reply with my final solution and the cost.Have a merry Christmas Everyone and try and help those less fortunate!