Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By quicksilverdon
  • 1 Post By quicksilverdon
  • 1 Post By randyincctx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Dec 2013, 12:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question 05 Touring turn signals working & not working

So for the past year my turn signals have decided to start acting up. It seems like it's only sometimes though. I noticed it only occasionally early last year, then made it through the summer with almost no problems, and then now it's become more of a problem. Sometimes they will work, and then do a really fast hesitant clicking like it's not catching, and then it will click and flash normal. It varies as to what kind of response I get. I looked through the forum for answers, but most of the questions and problems were with signals that didn't work at all. Mine work sometimes, or not at all, or will only work as I'm turning the wheel to make a turn, or click and flash really fast, which can be heard inside the car.

I am considering buying a new flasher, which I'm told is housed inside the steering wheel. Anyone have this same problem?
Any suggestions?
Old 10 Dec 2013, 03:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 05 Touring turn signals working & not working

At the base of the turn signal stalk is the "multi-function" switch, which has been known to act up. The signal flasher plugs into the switch.
**Multifunction Switch How-To Video**

If I were you, I wouldn't throw parts at it, but take everything apart and see what's going on...
randyincctx likes this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 10 Dec 2013, 03:38 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: 05 Touring turn signals working & not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel66rose View Post
Sometimes they will work, and then do a really fast hesitant clicking like it's not catching
That by itself,is usually indicative of a 'burned out' bulb....But????

Quote:
then it will click and flash normal. It varies as to what kind of response I get.
Do check the bulbs first;But,that last statement makes it sound more like a problem with the MFS(like Don said),small chance it could be the flasher module,check it with a multimeter for resistance & continuity,or maybe an auto parts store check it for you(Long shot!...They want to sell parts,not check them.)
Old 10 Dec 2013, 10:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks. I checked the bulbs and they are all working (today my signals are deciding to work properly).

I guess I'll have to take it up to Autozone to see if they can check it with a multimeter as suggested. I'm not sure why they are showing on their site a MFS without fog lamps costing more than one with fog lamps. Is $99 reasonable for that part (without fog lamps)? I know I'm more than capable to replace it myself.
Old 10 Dec 2013, 10:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I got mine at RockAuto.Com.
randyincctx likes this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 11 Dec 2013, 09:34 am
Veteran Cruiser

Exclamation Re: 05 Touring turn signals working & not working

Quote:
Is $99 reasonable for that part (without fog lamps)?
Unless,it's an emergency,and even then......I wouldn't pay $99 for one with/or without fog lights!....(See Don's post below)
Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
I got mine at RockAuto.Com.
Rockauto is a good vendor,and if you order from Rockauto,be sure to use the 5% Discount Code they provide for PTCcruiserLinks members(5% isn't much,but every little bit helps these days!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockAuto View Post
5% Discount Code: 423FA4590022
Expires: 01/02/2014

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. Please note that orders using discount codes must be placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount. Phone orders are not eligible for discounts.

RockAuto.com is an online auto parts store founded in Madison, Wisconsin in 1999 by the Taylor family. RockAuto.com now ships thousands of auto parts from over 200 manufacturers to customers worldwide.

The RockAuto Parts Catalog catalog is updated daily with mechanical parts like brake pads and shock absorbers, body parts like bumpers and mirrors, interior trim like door handles and carpets, and major assemblies like steering gears, CV axles, and engine long blocks. Service manuals and CDs are available to help customers learn how to perform a repair. The RockAuto Parts Catalog catalog is expanding constantly. Someday it may be possible to build an entire car using parts from RockAuto.com!

RockAuto.com prices are low every day! Order online at RockAuto Parts Catalog 24 hours a day. Parts are conveniently delivered to your door. Have parts questions that must be answered accurately? RockAuto.com has excellent customer service agents ready to help you get the parts you need. E-mail service@rockauto.com or call Toll Free, 1-866-762-5288. (Mon - Thur 6 to 10 / Fri 6 to 9 / Sat 7 to 6 / Sun 8 to 4 Central Standard Time).