Advertisements
Great Folks at Auto Computer Exchange A+++

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Handy_Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Dec 2013, 08:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Great Folks at Auto Computer Exchange A+++

Ever since I've had my PT, the trouble light has been on. It's always had one code and one code only. And that's the dreaded P601. This code is supposed to let you know that the ECM itself is bad. And even though my PT seemed to run fine, there was no way to fix this problem short of buying another ECM.

While researching this online I discovered that some of the early PT's (like mine) had defective memory chips in them. Basically, everything works but the computer can't learn. Like me, it's getting old and cannot remember anything anymore. Further online research indicated that one of the best sources for a refurbished ECM is Auto Computer Exchange, Inc. These folks not only sell through their own website, but they also have a major presence on eBay. And when I found they were discounting the price of ECM's for PT Cruiser's, I knew it was time to buy one. The price was only $143. That's less than many used ECM's cost. And this refurbished unit came with a lifetime warranty.

My refurbed ECM came very quickly in about three days. But when I opened the box, I was not very happy. While it was obvious this unit had be "reburbed" it looked pretty rough cosmetically:

With this photo attached, I emailed the folks at Auto Computer Exchange and explained that I had recently done a lot of modifications under the hood of my PT and that I really wanted it to look good. I also included a photo of my engine with strut bars and custom intake so they could see how much the ECM shows in the engine compartment.

It was only two days later when I awoke to an early morning phone call from Auto Computer Exchange. The guy told me they understood my need for a cosmetically nice ECM and he would get one fixed up for me and send it right out. I also found several messages where he tried to call me the day after my email, but I was out.

About two days later, my second ECM arrived. Look at this:

They finished the metal plate that shows in a textured black and they placed the non-tamper stickers in locations where they would not show once installed. That ECM looks very nice. I was extremely happy.

They also sent prepaid return shipping labels for both my old ECM core and for the first ECM. And there were clear instructions on how to repackage them and how to fill out the attached paper work. Within just a few minutes, I had both repacked and was going to town with them in now trouble-light-free PT.

One thing to understand is that the ECM's on most cars don't really show. So cosmetics are likely not that important. But these folks at Auto Computer Exchange actually cared about my concern to have an ECM that looked good. And they went out of their way to provide my with one. And all for a discount price. What GREAT folks. I couldn't be happier with my purchase from them. Two thumbs up really high for these good folks at Auto Computer Exchange!
rcktpwrd and NitroPT like this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 30 Dec 2013 at 08:18 pm.
Old 30 Dec 2013, 08:19 pm
Senior Cruiser

Cool Re: Great Folks at Auto Computer Exchange A+++

now that is some fantastic customer service!

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS; 1995 Caprice Classic woody
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 31 Dec 2013, 12:40 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Great Folks at Auto Computer Exchange A+++

That is great customer service. You should have seen my Stage 1 PCM I purchased from a well known vendor suppling them for PTs. Your first PCM was clean compared to mine

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 31 Dec 2013, 01:13 am
Banned

Exclamation Re: Great Folks at Auto Computer Exchange A+++

Glad you are happy, but I would be pissed about an early morning phone call that woke me up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Ever since I've had my PT, the trouble light has been on. It's always had one code and one code only. And that's the dreaded P601. This code is supposed to let you know that the ECM itself is bad. And even though my PT seemed to run fine, there was no way to fix this problem short of buying another ECM.

While researching this online I discovered that some of the early PT's (like mine) had defective memory chips in them. Basically, everything works but the computer can't learn. Like me, it's getting old and cannot remember anything anymore. Further online research indicated that one of the best sources for a refurbished ECM is Auto Computer Exchange, Inc. These folks not only sell through their own website, but they also have a major presence on eBay. And when I found they were discounting the price of ECM's for PT Cruiser's, I knew it was time to buy one. The price was only $143. That's less than many used ECM's cost. And this refurbished unit came with a lifetime warranty.

My refurbed ECM came very quickly in about three days. But when I opened the box, I was not very happy. While it was obvious this unit had be "reburbed" it looked pretty rough cosmetically:

With this photo attached, I emailed the folks at Auto Computer Exchange and explained that I had recently done a lot of modifications under the hood of my PT and that I really wanted it to look good. I also included a photo of my engine with strut bars and custom intake so they could see how much the ECM shows in the engine compartment.

It was only two days later when I awoke to an early morning phone call from Auto Computer Exchange. The guy told me they understood my need for a cosmetically nice ECM and he would get one fixed up for me and send it right out. I also found several messages where he tried to call me the day after my email, but I was out.

About two days later, my second ECM arrived. Look at this:

They finished the metal plate that shows in a textured black and they placed the non-tamper stickers in locations where they would not show once installed. That ECM looks very nice. I was extremely happy.

They also sent prepaid return shipping labels for both my old ECM core and for the first ECM. And there were clear instructions on how to repackage them and how to fill out the attached paper work. Within just a few minutes, I had both repacked and was going to town with them in now trouble-light-free PT.

One thing to understand is that the ECM's on most cars don't really show. So cosmetics are likely not that important. But these folks at Auto Computer Exchange actually cared about my concern to have an ECM that looked good. And they went out of their way to provide my with one. And all for a discount price. What GREAT folks. I couldn't be happier with my purchase from them. Two thumbs up really high for these good folks at Auto Computer Exchange!
Old 31 Dec 2013, 07:06 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Great Folks at Auto Computer Exchange A+++

You do know she is probably bald under those wigs.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com