PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2007 PT Cruiser Fuel filler hose?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 767skyking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jan 2014, 02:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2007 PT Cruiser Fuel filler hose?

Hiya all, joined up so I could ask this question.

Someone tried to siphon my gas, and cut the Fuel Filler hose near the tank. (rubber line connecting Tank and Filler Neck). I cannot for the life of me find out where to purchase a new one. It looks just like Radiator hose, with clamps on both ends, can I just buy a length of Radiator hose with about the same bend in it and just use that or does it HAVE to be "fuel" hose? Chrysler wants 84.00 for it, and it's a backordered part. Everything I've found online shows the metal filler neck ONLY. I really only need the rubber connector hose, and not the entire neck.
Old 03 Jan 2014, 02:56 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Question Re: 2007 PT Cruiser Fuel filler hose?

Do you live anywhere near a NAPA auto parts?....If you do,they can cut you the exact size you need,and probably only cost about $10 or less.
Old 03 Jan 2014, 03:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: 2007 PT Cruiser Fuel filler hose?

Yes, there is one nearby. I saw a post somewhere saying that they charge 22 bucks a foot for the Fuel line, where as radiator hose would be a much cheaper alternative. Since it is not always directly exposed to fuel, I was thinking that it would be useable.
Old 03 Jan 2014, 08:54 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Exclamation Re: 2007 PT Cruiser Fuel filler hose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FubarGrn View Post
Chrysler wants 84.00 for it, and it's a backordered part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FubarGrn View Post
I saw a post somewhere saying that they charge 22 bucks a foot for the Fuel line
Hmmm....$84 or $22?(if that's even true);First piece of advice in viewing forums;Don't take ALL posts in forums as 100% TRUE!,anyone with a computer or phone can post just about anything!(Hopefully someone will correct,but not always.)
The smart thing to do would be to call your local NAPA,and just ask.
Just speaking for myself;I'm not gonna be the one to tell you it's OK to use radiator hose,in place of fuel line hose;They're made differently for a reason.
Old 03 Jan 2014, 08:59 pm
Regular Cruiser

liquid no, but certainly vapors, and you can't get any higher vapor concentration in any other place.
2001 PT Cruiser LE 5 spd, original owner, no mods, MOOG arms with spherical bushing (ride is now a bit harsher vs OEM)
- 109K replaced timing belt/WP/tensioner/idler/crank&cam seals with same 1st gen design. That was a fun day and half!
- 119K Gates water pump failed after only 10K miles. Replaced with Airtex. This time around it was a 7 hour job.

2001 PT Cruiser LE AT 59K miles. Bought used, newest addition to the family
Old 03 Jan 2014, 11:51 pm
Young Cruiser

My suggestion is to look online, do a general search. I had the same problem with a 3 inch pc of heater hose located right behind the pipe running off the thermostat. Chrysler wanted 86 dollars plus tax for it and was back ordered, they did not even know when it would be available.

So I hoppped on the internet and found a place in Cali that carried this 7/8 inch hose inner diameter that no else carried. Turned it was way better performance silcone hose and cost me 20 bucks for 1 ft. I think the name was SFX performance, good luck.
Old 04 Jan 2014, 12:05 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Hmm... Just visit your local dismantler and pull one off a damaged Pt. Should be less than $10

Old 12 Jan 2014, 10:11 am
Fresh Cruiser

Alrighty, sorry about the late update, but I went to my local NAPA, and they were outrageous with the prices. I ended up at O'Reilly Auto Parts, and they sold me a two foot piece of fuel filler hose for about 16 bucks.

I installed the hose, and it is holding fine, except now, when I put fuel in the vehicle, gas leaks EVERYWHERE. It is NOT coming from the main line that I replaced, instead it is coming from somewhere farther up on the metal part of the assembly. The *gascap* error is now showing where my odometer is. I am thinking that it is the smaller line that runs parallel to the main line. Are there any tutorials on how to remove the upper metal part? I do not have access to a HAYNES manual at this time.

Right now, if I pump the gas in VERY slowly, it barely drips and that is what I have been forced to do, as my job has me away from home from before sun up til after sun down. I only have the weekends to work on this issue. I am sure that this gascap error, and the lack of pressure in the system is destroying my fuel economy, and potentially hurting my fuel system all together. I am mechanically inclined, but I don't want to start unscrewing things without at least a general idea of where to start.

I can't see far enough up the line to trace it by sight, and it is too narrow in there to feel with my hand for any breakage. I'm sure I'll have to completely remove the upper metal portion of the fuel filler assembly to repair this.

I can upload pictures of anything if need be.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 10:58 am
Veteran Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: 2007 PT Cruiser Fuel filler hose?

Sounds like you may not have connected your make up air hose,and it is leaking.....This will also cause that code,or the gas cap isn't getting a good seal;But since you did work on the filler tube,it's probably the make up air hose.
Fairly easy to check/fix,this link has info & pics to help:
http://www.justanswer.com/chrysler/2...fuel-tank.html