Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Wal-Mart Mechanic ruined my car!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jan 2014, 08:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Wal-Mart Mechanic ruined my car!

I posted on here a while ago about my car not starting in below zero weather. I was told it was a dead battery. I had the car towed to Wal-mart. BIG MISTAKE!! DO NOT LET THEM TOUCH YOUR CAR!!! I got my car back, and the radio doesn't work, the instrument panel in the middle of the dashboard will not light up. I have no dome light, no lights on the shifter, and my car does not lock automatically anymore. When I confronted them about it, they laughed at me and denied that they broke all that stuff! It was all working when I dropped the car off there. They refused to fix it, and I even called the cops on them. They ended up giving me a refund for the battery which was 80 bucks. So they basically got away with destroying my damned car, which will probably cost a lot more than 80 bucks. They got away scott free with it. I am so angry right now. Wal-mart is nothing but a bunch of crooks! I called the police on them and a cop came down and did nothing. They said it's a civil matter and not a criminal matter. How the hell can a mechanic breaking stuff in your car and then lying about it, not be a criminal matter???!! So, my question is, exactly how much money would I be looking at to fix it? Should I get rid of it, or waste the money fixing the stuff that the mechanic broke?
Old 05 Jan 2014, 08:18 pm
Banned

Default Re: Wal-Mart Mechanic ruined my car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokittycruiser View Post
I posted on here a while ago about my car not starting in below zero weather. I was told it was a dead battery. I had the car towed to Wal-mart. BIG MISTAKE!! DO NOT LET THEM TOUCH YOUR CAR!!! I got my car back, and the radio doesn't work, the instrument panel in the middle of the dashboard will not light up. I have no dome light, no lights on the shifter, and my car does not lock automatically anymore. When I confronted them about it, they laughed at me and denied that they broke all that stuff! It was all working when I dropped the car off there. They refused to fix it, and I even called the cops on them. They ended up giving me a refund for the battery which was 80 bucks. So they basically got away with destroying my damned car, which will probably cost a lot more than 80 bucks. They got away scott free with it. I am so angry right now. Wal-mart is nothing but a bunch of crooks! I called the police on them and a cop came down and did nothing. They said it's a civil matter and not a criminal matter. How the hell can a mechanic breaking stuff in your car and then lying about it, not be a criminal matter???!! So, my question is, exactly how much money would I be looking at to fix it? Should I get rid of it, or waste the money fixing the stuff that the mechanic broke?
We won't really be of much help in GUESSING what the repairs will cost because we can't do a hands diagnosis from our computer consoles, but if I were in your situation I would go to my nearest Chrysler dealer and have them diagnose it. Take the estimate that the dealer gave you and while remembering to take a witness with you, present it to the Walmart manager. Inform him that small claims court could be in his future.

It could be something as simple as a couple fuses, but sense it is drivable in the meantime, I would go the small claims threat route just for the fun of it.

Moving on now.

Jerry
Busted_PT likes this.
Old 05 Jan 2014, 08:18 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Exclamation Re: Wal-Mart Mechanic ruined my car!

Quote:
I was told it was a dead battery. I had the car towed to Wal-mart.
It may be as simple as disconnecting/and re-connecting the negative terminal.
But,I do have to ask: You didn't have anyone to help out?....Like remove the battery,and take it in for replacement;Having a car towed in for a dead battery is somewhat extreme,considering towing costs.
But,what's done is done.......Also;I don't think you should give up on pursuing Walmart over this issue(being a Gen-2 w/Can-Bus electronics,they probably did F it up),I'd recommend you call the corporate office,and talk to them about it(MAY get results!):

Walmart Corporate Office Address: 702 SW 8th Street, Bentonville AR, 72716-8611 Fax: 479-277-1830 Phone: 800-925-6278
Old 05 Jan 2014, 08:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I had no choice but to have it towed. I don't know anyone that could have helped me with it. I get a certain amount of free towing from my car insurance company, so I didn't have to pay for the towing. Since I settled for the refund, won't that void my chances of getting them to pay for anything else they screwed up on the car? Thank you for all the information. I will call the corporate number tomorrow.
Old 05 Jan 2014, 09:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Wish you wouldn't have started a new thread with the same problem. Now you have people trying to help in two different areas of the forum. Please check your other thread.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 05 Jan 2014, 09:19 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: Wal-Mart Mechanic ruined my car!

Quote:
Since I settled for the refund, won't that void my chances of getting them to pay for anything else they screwed up on the car?
That might affect a small claims case in a civil court.....But,I don't think it would affect your standings @ Walmart corporate office;Sometimes 1 phone call from corporate in Bentonville,and your local store will be happy to help(after they've had a good a$$-chewin!lol).
When you make your call to corporate,it may (or may not?) help to mention that you're a member of a car club with almost 40,000 members(39,262 to be exact!),try to stay calm when talking to the big office,and talk to them like they're your new best friend(you'll catch more flies with honey,than with vinegar).
Old 05 Jan 2014, 10:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

Vinegar's on sale this week at Walmart for $1.59
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 05 Jan 2014, 11:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Well, I can solve that problem real quick. I'm sorry I bothered anyone. I'm leaving. Bye. Delete my account if I can't figure out how to get rid of it. Seems like everything I say or do is wrong in someones eyes. Whatever. I'm outta here.
Old 05 Jan 2014, 11:29 pm
Banned

Quote:
Well, I can solve that problem real quick. I'm sorry I bothered anyone. I'm leaving. Bye. Delete my account if I can't figure out how to get rid of it. Seems like everything I say or do is wrong in someones eyes. Whatever. I'm outta here.
Where the hell did that come from!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Old 06 Jan 2014, 12:10 am
Fanatic Cruiser

That is what is known as a "drama queen" - be afraid.........be very afraid!