Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2008 cruiser abs fusible link keeps blowing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jan 2014, 01:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Angry 2008 cruiser abs fusible link keeps blowing

Hi I have a 2008 cruiser convertible. I hit a pothole in the road and the abs, tcs, e brake light etc came on. Traced blown fusible link (No 34 on IPM). Had diagnostics at local garage and they did not have a clue. It does not blow if stood idling or on a smooth road, but if car hit a dip in road then the link blows again. Does not blow if brakes applied only when going over rough surface. Help needed.
Old 10 Jan 2014, 06:21 pm
Banned

Default Re: 2008 cruiser abs fusible link keeps blowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgrizzly View Post
Hi I have a 2008 cruiser convertible. I hit a pothole in the road and the abs, tcs, e brake light etc came on. Traced blown fusible link (No 34 on IPM). Had diagnostics at local garage and they did not have a clue. It does not blow if stood idling or on a smooth road, but if car hit a dip in road then the link blows again. Does not blow if brakes applied only when going over rough surface. Help needed.

Take it to your local Chrysler dealer. They will have a clue especially when it comes to TIPM diagnosis.

Jerry
Old 11 Jan 2014, 08:55 am
Fresh Cruiser

Smile Re: 2008 cruiser abs fusible link keeps blowing

HI, Guys Ive found it, Took IPM out with cables attached made up a jump link with an in line fuse older in it and put in an led fuse so it lights when blowing. Checked the connections to the IPM and the No 35 fuse link and the connection to the ABS pump and valve. As I was plugging it back in the fuse blew, so changed fuse cheap at only 15p in stead of slow blows at 3.50. Anyway fuse ok, so wiggled the lead about and it blew at same time as I could hear a short. Checked lead cover and found it had rubbed through where the cables bend under the IPM to the ABS pump on a bolt head by the engine mount. So cut and rejoined the wire sleeved it in heatshrink and then used heavy duty loom covering as used on my hotrod to cover the outer. replaced the slowblow fusible link and hey presto all good. cost to me 1.5 hrs work and 5 of bits. Sorted.