Strut bar

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Jan 2014, 05:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Strut bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwpptc View Post
------If I remember correctly they were around $100.00 when new. I bought mine used for $40.00.------

-----Yep, these haven't been made for a LONG,LONG time.
Is someone going to tool up and market some real bars?

Anybody---Bueller?

Jerry
Jerry, I thought of offering a few performance parts for PT Cruisers and my marketer did a test market analysis. I am to late.
He said I should concentrate my efforts on the Fiat 500.
wwpptc likes this.

Hot rodders are a strange lot. They’ll spend thousands of dollars on performance parts to improve acceleration, handling or braking, but most won’t spend one dime on testing to discover if all those parts really made a difference!
Remember this: All modifications build on each other; the better you configure your mods to work with each other, the more powerful your car will be.
Old 31 Jan 2014, 05:18 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
Jerry, I thought of offering a few performance parts for PT Cruisers and my marketer did a test market analysis. I am to late.

PS: Of course, you could make custom parts and then offer them one by one here on this and other PT forums. I think if someone would offer a REAL strut bar kit here, it might generate a bidding war.

Your Handy Cruiser

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 31 Jan 2014 at 05:21 pm.
Old 31 Jan 2014, 05:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post

PS: Of course, you could make custom parts and then offer them one by one here on this and other PT forums. I think if someone would offer a REAL strut bar kit here, it might generate a bidding war.
auh...... I have a few products already...they (PT owners) are not lining up to get them?

Jerry makes more money with his "kool" custom vinyls.

speaking of customs vinyls I need to talk to Jerry....

That is if he (Jerry) is still doing them?

Hot rodders are a strange lot. They’ll spend thousands of dollars on performance parts to improve acceleration, handling or braking, but most won’t spend one dime on testing to discover if all those parts really made a difference!
Remember this: All modifications build on each other; the better you configure your mods to work with each other, the more powerful your car will be.
Old 31 Jan 2014, 05:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Yes you could offer a custom bag set for the Fiat. One to cover the car and one for the owner's head. Incase one on the car breaks. Because that baby is a two bagger.

03 Dream stock
04 Touring turbo lite stock
02 Touring stock

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 31 Jan 2014, 05:34 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Strut bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Yes you could offer a custom bag set for the Fiat. One to cover the car and one for the owner's head. Incase one on the car breaks. Because that baby is a two bagger.
I'm glad someone else feels like I do....That the Fiat 500 is almost an Italian 'YUGO'!
Busted_PT likes this.
Old 31 Jan 2014, 06:21 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
auh...... I have a few products already...they (PT owners) are not lining up to get them?

Jerry makes more money with his "kool" custom vinyls.

speaking of customs vinyls I need to talk to Jerry....

That is if he (Jerry) is still doing them?
Thats a now long story that is as follows:

I originally had access to a local trim shop after hours a couple nights a week. I had previously worked there part time to learn the trade because I thought it was interesting. The owner allowed me to do my own designs as long as I didn't compete with him locally. His shop has been so busy for years that he doesn't have the interest or time to delve into mail-order or anything to far away from his shop, so we both were happy. This went on for quite awhile and then after my recent illness (remember when I was GONE for around six months early last year) on my first trip back to the shop, I was promptly introduced to the NEW owner of the business. Well he informed me that I would no longer have access to the shop as I had previously had and that he was sorry. I understood because he didn't know me from Adam even with the previous owners recommendation and I probably would have done the same thing if I was in his shoes. I was told that I would be welcome to purchase products at the shop at a discounted price and that they were keeping my old design files for me to draw from if I needed.

There are several flies in the ointment here:

Anything new that I would design and take in to them to have made would have to include a normal set-up fee and then the price of the decal itself. I was charging no set-up fee for what I had sold here previously because I actually enjoyed that part so I didn't charge for it. Plus, I mean, it was for you guys so-----

Lastly, there is only one employee at the shop that has the passion and REAL expertise to do the type of designs that I do and he is now relegated to two days a week as the result of cost cutting measures by the new owner. The new owner thinks he's going to make a killing doing almost nothing but wraps and other large decals like boats, vans, etc. He may be right.

Now to the point, I can get decals done, BUT since this changeover happened I have been in several times to get small stuff done for myself and it took a long time to get the product because they kept shoving mine and everyone elses small orders back down on the list of jobs every time a new BIG job came in and unfortunantly they are getting busier and busier.

So thats where we stand right now. I thank everybody that bought from me in the past and here's hoping things will take a turn for the better soon.
Naturally, I've got several things that I'm working on right now (in particular some interior stuff) that I think everyone will like, but who knows if I'll be able to offer them to anyone else? We'll see.

Jerry
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

Last edited by wwpptc; 31 Jan 2014 at 06:39 pm.
Old 31 Jan 2014, 06:31 pm
Banned

Sounds like you just copied what nitro would say. Wait nitro said this on the crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyincctx View Post
I can tell you now,since I'm also on PTCrew.....There's alot of those memebers have spent BIG $$$ on their strut bars,and they're pretty dead set on the "I believe my car handles better with it!" syndrome......Yet,none of them have done any 'real world' testing(skid-pad/slalom/lateral-G);All their testing has been 'Butt-Dyno',or psychosomatic in nature.....As long as you take 99% of the posts with a grain of salt,you'll be OK.
I know personally;If I paid upwards of $500-$600 for a strut-bar,I'd tell everyone it improved handling too!
Old 31 Jan 2014, 06:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Well that's sad you really enjoyed that.
wwpptc likes this.

03 Dream stock
04 Touring turbo lite stock
02 Touring stock

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 31 Jan 2014, 06:39 pm
Banned

A "two bagger"is a chick with a rockin' body, but a face that looks like it was beaten with an ugly stick. There are two principal reasons why someone would be called a two bagger. The most common reason is that a gentleman should be able to place one bag over her head and still enjoy the sexual experience, but for good measure will place another bag over his own head in case the aforementioned bag falls off the two bagger. Additionally, should a friend walk into the room while a sexual act with a two-bagger is occurring, the gentleman performing the act will be assured that his identity is protected

Quote:
Old 31 Jan 2014, 06:52 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Well that's sad you really enjoyed that.
Yea, I really miss it, specially the hands-on design part.

Like I said, I can still do them, it's just going to be a much more convoluted process and will cost more. You guys were getting really good deals on my old product line.

I've been trying to get 12 small, newly designed decals for a new interior mod that I'm working on for almost a month now, with no end in site. They keep pushing it farther and farther back on the production schedule.

Jerry
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

Last edited by wwpptc; 31 Jan 2014 at 06:59 pm.