Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Major issues. C tire saskatoon .

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jan 2014, 06:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Exclamation Major issues. C tire saskatoon .

So, the power steering went on my 2007 cool vanilla pt cruiser. I checked the fluid levels, lines, hoses have pressure, Belt fine. No engine light, nothing.
So I decide to take the cruiser to crappy tire here in Saskatoon Saskatchewan Confederation location for a new pump. They diagnose, than tell me the car can be picked up. OK...
They tell me they just flushed the lines and it works fine than charge me 199.99..
I drive off with no issue than I go to the local macs store. turn the car off go in and come back out.. start the car, engine light flashing and stumbles and dies from a violent shake. I try to start it again with the same stumble, shaking and die and engine light. the third time, I start it, rev it up, than it drops to 800 rpms and runs fine. but the check engine light is on. luckily I don't live far, so I got it home, pulled the codes and here they are:

p0452
p004 p
p0300
p0573

I disconnect the battery for 25 mins and try again and same codes are still there. So i take the car back to crappy tire, and tell them, sommething is wrong, and it was not like this before.. and they call me today to tell me the "alternator " is bad.

I am thinking total Bullcrap.
Excuse my french . .

So as I am leaving c tire onto the freeway home, I come to a stop and the car revs to 3,800.. and i have to hold the brake, The pedal was not stuck as I kicked it a few times. . All i am thinking.. come on cruiser.. this aint no toyota.. harrharharr.. Anyways.. the car takes me to 120 km/h.. than i come to a stop to make the turn to my steet and its all fine, engine light goes away and is running fine. I checked the tension of belts when I got home and it all seemed fine, could be a little bit more snug but..

does this sound like the alternator?

Already have replaced the ECU/ Master control module / Security box crap. .
front end has been rebuilt.

I guess I should have just fought with the car myself instead of taking it to them in the first place..

Can anybody shine some light on this ? Thank you !

Last edited by CREWZIN; 25 Jan 2014 at 02:09 am.
Old 24 Jan 2014, 07:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Major issues. F*** C tire saskatoon .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat4210 View Post

So, the power steering went on my 2007 cool vanilla pt cruiser. I checked the fluid levels, lines, hoses have pressure, Belt fine. No engine light, nothing.
So I decide to take the cruiser to crappy tire here in Saskatoon Saskatchewan Confederation location for a new pump. They diagnose, than tell me the car can be picked up. OK...
They tell me they just flushed the lines and it works fine than charge me 199.99..
I drive off with no issue than I go to the local macs store. turn the car off go in and come back out.. start the car, engine light flashing and stumbles and dies from a violent shake. I try to start it again with the same stumble, shaking and die and engine light. the third time, I start it, rev it up, than it drops to 800 rpms and runs fine. but the check engine light is on. luckily I don't live far, so I got it home, pulled the codes and here they are:

p0452
p004 p
p0300
p0573

I disconnect the battery for 25 mins and try again and same codes are still there. So i take the car back to crappy tire, and tell them, sommething is wrong, and it was not like this before.. and they call me today to tell me the "alternator " is bad.

I am thinking total Bullshit.
Excuse my french . .

So as I am leaving c tire onto the freeway home, I come to a stop and the car revs to 3,800.. and i have to hold the brake, The pedal was not stuck as I kicked it a few times. . All i am thinking.. come on cruiser.. this aint no toyota.. harrharharr.. Anyways.. the car takes me to 120 km/h.. than i come to a stop to make the turn to my steet and its all fine, engine light goes away and is running fine. I checked the tension of belts when I got home and it all seemed fine, could be a little bit more snug but..

does this sound like the alternator?

Already have replaced the ECU/ Master control module / Security box crap. .
front end has been rebuilt.

I guess I should have just fought with the car myself instead of taking it to them in the first place..

Can anybody shine some light on this ? Thank you !
I don't see a correlation to the codes with that diagnoses. I would inspect the pcm connectors for any damage or cracks. Maybe disconnect the battery and unplug the pcm and reconnect the connectors.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 24 Jan 2014, 07:17 pm
Senior Cruiser

I would also check all vacuum lines to make sure they are all connected. A vacuum leak can cause stuff like that.
Old 24 Jan 2014, 08:14 pm
Banned

Exclamation Re: Major issues. F*** C tire saskatoon .

I see you are newbie here

We dont talk like that around here.

Refrain from cussing

Old 24 Jan 2014, 10:00 pm
Cool Cruiser

Okay Busa, try not to run off the new guy before he even has a chance to close the door to the entrance...
---what concerns me is why did his PT go crazy like that on him?
I'm hoping some of the tech vets on here can make sense of this?
Old 24 Jan 2014, 10:55 pm
Banned

Exclamation Re: Major issues. F*** C tire saskatoon .

Not at all, just laying down the ground rules, maybe they were missed[

QUOTE=garkeller;508822]Okay Busa, try not to run off the new guy before he even has a chance to close the door to the entrance...
---what concerns me is why did his PT go crazy like that on him?
I'm hoping some of the tech vets on here can make sense of this? [/QUOTE]
Old 25 Jan 2014, 12:56 am
Young Cruiser

In Vancouver , British Columbia, we don't call it crappy tire, we call it cambodium tire, as if you want your car thrashed, take it there. I had a jeep 6 cyl. that went in for plugs and came out with 5 good plugs and 1 lawnmower plug, really!

Stay away from that place no matter were in Canada you live!!!
Old 25 Jan 2014, 02:43 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Major issues. C tire saskatoon .

nat; you're right. It doesn't sound like an alternator. No charging code there. You should double check the charging anyways. Codes are sometimes misleading. A simple VOM meter test can tell you a lot.

Ray's answer should also be checked out, along with Busted's answer.
Old 25 Jan 2014, 02:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Can't offer much help except stay away from CTire!!!! I think that was your first mistake!!
Old 25 Jan 2014, 05:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have checked the vac lines, and computer.
The computer was just replaced.
And no need, it doesn't bother me, especially since his sig is niki minaj..

Thank you all for the input .

Hope to get the issue resolved soon .