PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
IN A ACCIDENT!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Jan 2014, 11:52 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default IN A ACCIDENT!

slick covered streets going northbound and a suv that was off to the side like a normal parked are decided to do a U turn in to oncoming traffic, hitting my wife and son a 8:00 am air bags deployed and front end passenger damage, wife and son are ok just scarpes and bursies thank god!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140122_082714.jpg (95.9 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140122_082706.jpg (96.3 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140122_082723.jpg (97.4 KB, 82 views)
Old 27 Jan 2014, 12:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: IN A ACCIDENT!

Sorry you got your PT killed. But good It took a good hit and protected them. The other guy didn't far to well either. Maybe a GT this time!

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 27 Jan 2014, 12:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

yea thanx as must as she loves this car, I found a fender and bumper and headlight on Amazon for a reasonable price Im gonna order it and do the reapirs myself for her... ill post pictures when the weather here lets up.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 12:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Glad everyone was OK. We don't call them "Accidents" here in my county.

An accident, mishap, or, more archaically, misadventure, is an unforeseen and unplanned event or circumstance, often with lack of intention or necessity. It usually implies a generally negative outcome which may have been avoided or prevented had circumstances leading up to the accident been recognized, and acted upon, prior to its occurrence.

Too many "at fault" drivers were coming to court with lawyers and arguing that it was as the statement says above and couldn't be avoided.

There now called a "CRASH" and somebody IS "at fault" and will be cited and pay accordingly.

If it happened the way you said, the "other" driver is completely "at fault" and any expense should come out of his/her pocket.
mityqwik likes this.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 12:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

PT "ouch"

It is always good to hear that the occupants did not get injured to badly.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 12:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Glad everyone was OK. We don't call them "Accidents" here in my county.

An accident, mishap, or, more archaically, misadventure, is an unforeseen and unplanned event or circumstance, often with lack of intention or necessity. It usually implies a generally negative outcome which may have been avoided or prevented had circumstances leading up to the accident been recognized, and acted upon, prior to its occurrence.

Too many "at fault" drivers were coming to court with lawyers and arguing that it was as the statement says above and couldn't be avoided.

There now called a "CRASH" and somebody IS "at fault" and will be cited and pay accordingly.

If it happened the way you said, the "other" driver is completely "at fault" and any expense should come out of his/her pocket.

yea we gonna take them to court the girl that was driving was insured didn't have a DL and the truck wasn't her's. NOR did she get outta that car to make sure my family was ok, the drivers little brother did. (he's in HIGH SCHOOL)
Old 27 Jan 2014, 01:48 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly_pt_01 View Post
yea thanx as must as she loves this car, I found a fender and bumper and headlight on Amazon for a reasonable price Im gonna order it and do the reapirs myself for her... ill post pictures when the weather here lets up.
I bet that is not going to be enough parts. With the way the door looks it looks like the whole thing may be bent out of whack. I would bet money that the right front suspension is bent up also.
Busted_PT likes this.

Last edited by Ray_Dockrey; 27 Jan 2014 at 01:52 pm.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 02:03 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Red face Re: IN A ACCIDENT!

Sorry about the run of bad luck,but glad they're OK.....Also,don't forget the SRS Air Bags,and possibly the module may need replacing,and unless I'm mistaken,the PCM will need to be flashed to clear the deployment from memory,or else the air bag light will stay on even when replaced.(not 100% sure)
Old 27 Jan 2014, 02:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I am very glad that your wife and son are okay. Your PT did it's job protecting what really matters.

While searching for salvage parts, I've run across several PT Cruisers with serious damage from collisions. On none of these was the cabin compromised. And on two different ones, the owners had placed big Band-Aid decals over the damage. It's important to notes that those two PT's spared their owners and continue to the drive. But what is amazing is that the owners still cared about their damaged PT's enough to highlight the damage with a big decal. These seem to sometimes be special cars.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 04:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Red face Re: IN A ACCIDENT!

WHAT????
No picture of the moron?
Should be posted for everyone to see on Facebook or YouTube!

Glad everyone's OK!

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!